NEXT YEAR'S NORTH COAST 500

National, regional, local...if you have a scooter and want to rally, ride or meet up, post it here!
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

psychedelicropcircle wrote:
eden wrote:pm bazman

Bazman ain't the organiser.
Yes nowt to do with me .
Although I have done it twice this year on the beemer 8-)
Micky Tapp
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Ok Bazman have you any idea who is the organiser? Thanks in advance?
bazman

I do , but not sure if he wants this banded about on a national basis ?
Perhaps Physo crop circle could give you the relevant details , as I'm not on the facebook page for the event.

Edit : here's the page you need https://www.facebook.com/groups/4273005 ... 1/?fref=ts
Micky Tapp

bazman wrote:I do , but not sure if he wants this banded about on a national basis ?
Perhaps Physo crop circle could give you the relevant details , as I'm not on the facebook page for the event.

Edit : here's the page you need https://www.facebook.com/groups/4273005 ... 1/?fref=ts
Thanks Bazman, I have requested sent a join request. Can I ask why this is all so secretive? don't get why, limited ticketed event, you ask to buy one, there are some available or their sold out!! Or am I missing summat?
bazman

Micky Tapp wrote:
bazman wrote:I do , but not sure if he wants this banded about on a national basis ?

Thanks Bazman, I have requested sent a join request. Can I ask why this is all so secretive? don't get why, limited ticketed event, you ask to buy one, there are some available or their sold out!! Or am I missing summat?
Can only speak from personal experience , when I ran my " Bazman highland scoot tours" we kept the numbers to no more than a dozen , and mostly all new each other.
Had loads of requests to join our group, but we kept the numbers and people the same. Main reasoning was the logistics of riding in the scottish highlands , on some tricky one track roads and difficult passes , can you imagine 40-50 scooters attempting this , would be carnage ;) also places to stay , and not being snobby ...but didn't want the parka, mirrors and whippy arieal brigade sunday ride out crew attending either !!! ( sorry only being honest)

So perhaps the organisers are trying to keep a manageable number as well, and after doing the North Coast 500 , I can say there is a few demanding roads /tracks incorporated in the route .

Hope this is off some use , cheers :)
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Everything Baz says Micky, I know of no one being denied a request to join the group...hold fire my son ;)
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Just checked 310 members on the FB page! It's games a bogie if they all wanna go :x :lol:
Micky Tapp

bazman wrote:
Micky Tapp wrote:

Can only speak from personal experience , when I ran my " Bazman highland scoot tours" we kept the numbers to no more than a dozen , and mostly all new each other.
Had loads of requests to join our group, but we kept the numbers and people the same. Main reasoning was the logistics of riding in the scottish highlands , on some tricky one track roads and difficult passes , can you imagine 40-50 scooters attempting this , would be carnage ;) also places to stay , and not being snobby ...but didn't want the parka, mirrors and whippy arieal brigade sunday ride out crew attending either !!! ( sorry only being honest)

So perhaps the organisers are trying to keep a manageable number as well, and after doing the North Coast 500 , I can say there is a few demanding roads /tracks incorporated in the route .

Hope this is off some use , cheers :)
Well that sounds right up my alley. I ride a mildly tuned GP00 with one other usually on an Avanti, we like to ride fast and basically do more of the C2C type rides. Agree Baz that things need organising well,saftey first un all that. Maybe see out there on a similar excursion one day!? Best MT
skidmark

Hello, I am behind the North Coast 500 Classic Scoot 2016, for a while now I have mainly attended ridden events and long tours with my mates that are all on the same wave length as myself, I have ridden this route many times on scoots and bikes over the years and love it, while riding it this year on my own I thought it would be great to ride the route with some like minded scooterists on classic scoots and maybe encourage some that have never been up this far north to come up and ride through some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, I posted a small add on the Lambretta Club of Scotland facebook page to see if their was any interest and sure enough the very people I thought would be up for it were first to commit, I am amazed their is so much interest although in reality when it come down to it I reckon their will be around 50-60 hard core riders at the start point, it is open to Classic scooters only because that's what myself and my mates ride and only open to experienced riders as it's a very challenging route which if the weather turns can be horrendous, so not for Sunday run riders, its not a secret and has been kept low key for the very reasons Baz points out above. Cheers Craig
Micky Tapp

skidmark wrote:Hello, I am behind the North Coast 500 Classic Scoot 2016, for a while now I have mainly attended ridden events and long tours with my mates that are all on the same wave length as myself, I have ridden this route many times on scoots and bikes over the years and love it, while riding it this year on my own I thought it would be great to ride the route with some like minded scooterists on classic scoots and maybe encourage some that have never been up this far north to come up and ride through some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, I posted a small add on the Lambretta Club of Scotland facebook page to see if their was any interest and sure enough the very people I thought would be up for it were first to commit, I am amazed their is so much interest although in reality when it come down to it I reckon their will be around 50-60 hard core riders at the start point, it is open to Classic scooters only because that's what myself and my mates ride and only open to experienced riders as it's a very challenging route which if the weather turns can be horrendous, so not for Sunday run riders, its not a secret and has been kept low key for the very reasons Baz points out above. Cheers Craig
Thanks Craig, still got a few questions, might be easier if you were up for a chat on the blower, if I PM you my moby? MICK
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information