Here's a new MBD speedo in Mouses new headset.

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Still being worked on as far as I'm aware. I'm sure it'll be posted here once it's sorted.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Ian Hepworth

MB have finally got round to testing all the ones that were returned. Only one wouldn't work at all, totally frazzled.
All the others worked fine when wired up properly with a good earth.
We managed to replicate the problems people were having (intermittent working or speedo reading going up and down with revs when stationary) - this occours when the power feed not attached or unit not earthed.

So we are up against the usual male behaviour of "I'll just fit it, I don't need to read the instructions". :roll:

We've tweaked the instructions a bit and have changed the wire colours so it's more obvious which is power and which is earth.
2nd batch is ordered and will be about 6 weeks.
Ruudboy

Good news! Hope to have an email from Phil soon :)
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Ruudboy wrote:Good news! Hope to have an email from Phil soon :)
Me toooooo :D :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Train Driver

I was led to believe that mark was sending the team round to your home to fit them ;)
That's only for those in the first batch
Ian Hepworth

Train Driver wrote:I was led to believe that mark was sending the team round to your home to fit them ;)
That's only for those in the first batch
That's why I was in Sandy last weekend. I called round but you weren't in.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Toddy wrote:
Ruudboy wrote:Good news! Hope to have an email from Phil soon :)
Me toooooo :D :D

Me three!
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
madmaex08

MB have finally got round to testing all the ones that were returned. Only one wouldn't work at all, totally frazzled.
We managed to replicate the problems people were having (intermittent working or speedo reading going up and down with revs when stationary) - this occours when the power feed not attached or unit not earthed.

So we are up against the usual male behaviour of "I'll just fit it, I don't need to read the instructions".

We've tweaked the instructions a bit and have changed the wire colours so it's more obvious which is power and which is earth.
as far as i can remember i did wire it up according to instructions. the grenn wire was earth and the black one with the green ring was power. i did earth it directly in the head together with 2 other earth wires that work fine. still no correct readings. RPM works though. the jumping around of the speedo stopped when i installed a shielded spark plug and cap. now it always shows 0. :D

does it make a difference which way the magnet is installed? maybe someone can post the instructions online, sínce i can´t find mine anymore an di would like to doublecheck.
Lazarus

Ian Hepworth wrote:MB have finally got round to testing all the ones that were returned. Only one wouldn't work at all, totally frazzled.

So we are up against the usual male behaviour of "I'll just fit it, I don't need to read the instructions". :roll:

2nd batch is ordered and will be about 6 weeks.
Great news just in time for Christmas is my name still on the list for one I did phone up twice ages ago and was told it was but its been a while.

Patrick McDonald
Ruudboy

Phil confirmed i am on the list for the first batch also, he also said very soon now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information