Here's a new MBD speedo in Mouses new headset.

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
shocky

true but, when i ride i have others who rely on me getting there and back in one piece, ive put myself at risk in defence of this realm and dont want to end up as a soggy mess on the road ;)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
giankx

When the second batch is supposed to be out?
Train Driver

2nd batch !!!! i think they will need 3rd 4th and 5th batches going by how much interest has been shown
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Which batch will have Racetour on them? :P
Killkenny

shocky wrote:
Killkenny wrote:All this bitchin` about what names on this speedo!!How Anal are you all becoming in your old age!! :( Look when your in 4th gear with your head down overtaking a Vespa or Large cc Automatic are you really going to care about what is on the speedos back- plate?? NO!! your going to be looking at that lovely green LCD screen thats just going past 92mph!!
will that be just before it goes bang or just before you have to pull into the services for the tenth time that day for fuel or in the cab of the recovery truck :?:
If a Lammy is built correctly,with top quality parts(like mine is) then they dont "go bang", yes it uses alot of fuel cos its tuned-but its fast-who cares about fuel consumption?
Modern day cogs are boring! fact! and if my Lammy was to let me down and blow up,its better to be at the side of the road with a classic machine thats temporarily broke than to be on a modern scooter that is, how shall i put it -DULL HAIL FRANK!!!! HAIL ERIC
Mag
Main scooter: Carbon GP TS1

shocky wrote:
Killkenny wrote:All this bitchin` about what names on this speedo!!How Anal are you all becoming in your old age!! :( Look when your in 4th gear with your head down overtaking a Vespa or Large cc Automatic are you really going to care about what is on the speedos back- plate?? NO!! your going to be looking at that lovely green LCD screen thats just going past 92mph!!
will that be just before it goes bang or just before you have to pull into the services for the tenth time that day for fuel or in the cab of the recovery truck :?:
Is that what we should expect from what you build, Shocky? It's not been my experience of Lambretta-ing.
Ian Hepworth

Lets see if we can get some good feed back for the speedo face.

The speedos have not left the manufacturers as they have had a 2 week holiday.

The manufacturers can alter the face design and look in the 2nd batch.

So with recent comments what would Scooterotica members want on the front, Mr Bee is open to sensible ideas and within reason we will look into it.

What fascia would you like to see?
What logo would you like to see on it (bear in mind that Lambretta is 99% impossible as we'd fall foul of the clothing people).
shocky

Mag wrote:
shocky wrote:
Is that what we should expect from what you build, Shocky? It's not been my experience of Lambretta-ing.
no far from it the failiours ive had have been a stator (bgm) leaking rear shock (bgm) AF race crank(tristed) flywheel rivets sheared (indian) .. as for being boring at 70 or faster a modern machine is more stable and thus more enjoyable to me as its designed for those speeds , as for fuel consumption when you havent worked properly for 26 months then the cost and the extra 40p per ltr you guys need is a major consideration, i use my scoot most days for what it was designed for ;) ,scooters of any type have never been a lifestyle or fashion accessory for me but a means of transport, i dont buy the you gotta wear this and that or go to the nationals to be a scooterist, am a commuter scooterist you know the ones you see everyday on any uk road .
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Train Driver

Ian Hepworth wrote:Lets see if we can get some good feed back for the speedo face.

The speedos have not left the manufacturers as they have had a 2 week holiday.

The manufacturers can alter the face design and look in the 2nd batch.

So with recent comments what would Scooterotica members want on the front, Mr Bee is open to sensible ideas and within reason we will look into it.

What fascia would you like to see?
What logo would you like to see on it (bear in mind that Lambretta is 99% impossible as we'd fall foul of the clothing people).
Corrado mentioned racetour i like that and as mentioned earlier orange background
and i would of liked the reset buttons at the bottom.
but we are all just nit picking
minotaur

as lambretta is not poss, how about leaving blank, i would like a white/ cream light , like the original set up if this would still work in daylight, i think this would work with most colours, imagine a green light on a red or purple headset? keep it subtle and minimalist this makes it more universal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information