Here's a new MBD speedo in Mouses new headset.

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

There has been rumours on the scootvine that there has been problems with them.

Maybe Ian, mark, mouse could comment

What ever it is Im sure they'll solve it
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
madmaex08

got mine yesterday, but I´m not really sure about how to mount the magnetic pick up on the front wheel? anybody got any pictures?
madmaex08

found a pic on the MB site.

someone premassembled mine the wrong way round, thats why i couldn´t figure it out :D
Dryballs

Have the new ones come out?

If not... do you guys have an ETA yet?
Lazarus

Dryballs wrote:Have the new ones come out?

yes what he said I hope so as the money is burning a hole in my pocket and I have had my name down for one of the 2nd batch for ages :?:
Ruudboy

Lazarus wrote:
Dryballs wrote:Have the new ones come out?

yes what he said I hope so as the money is burning a hole in my pocket and I have had my name down for one of the 2nd batch for ages :?:
Last thing i heard was Aug/Sept!
madmaex08

seems like i am alone with my MBD speedo so far.

installation was quite easy. it works, but is still useless. i have set it up to work with my varitronic exactly like it is written in the manual. the rev counter works, but the speedo goes crazy. up and down like a bouncing ball. sometimes even over 100 at idle without the bike moving. when i disconnect the wire from the ignition cable, then rpm and speedo both don´t show anything. doesn´t really make sense so far, but since the engine on that bike isn´t running right now i didn´t bother to investigate further yet. at least now its showing the correct speed. ;)
sydduckett

madmaex08 wrote:seems like i am alone with my MBD speedo so far.

installation was quite easy. it works, but is still useless. i have set it up to work with my varitronic exactly like it is written in the manual. the rev counter works, but the speedo goes crazy. up and down like a bouncing ball. sometimes even over 100 at idle without the bike moving. when i disconnect the wire from the ignition cable, then rpm and speedo both don´t show anything. doesn´t really make sense so far, but since the engine on that bike isn´t running right now i didn´t bother to investigate further yet. at least now its showing the correct speed. ;)
I have heard that there is a fault with a number of speedos from the first (yours) batch and they are being replaced with ones with a fix from the next batch due out in August/september. If i was you I would send it back for a replacment or money back. MB are pretty good with customer service so i dont think you will have any issues.

sef
madmaex08

thanks for the tip. got mine ever philipp/scooter center colone. will drop him a line about it.
Frautzi

Anyone got any more feedback on these? have the gremlins been sorted?

Jay
Better to keep quiet and be thought of as a D!ck Head, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information