THE NEW DGB LAMBRETTA GEAR BOX

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

bostfoot wrote:just reading about you ridin the scooter beyond normal means for twenty miles is NO test of a gearbox if any thing it just says you had a full tank of gas and a spare half hour so perhaps you ought to testit properly and then report back on these pages , cheers
:roll:
Obviously you dont know me that well ive tested all sorts of engine components for various company,s over the last few years.Usual tests last over several thousand hard miles and constant checking of the components for wear and tollerances. Yes i did go and do a quick 20 miles flat out giving the gear box quick initial run out, if you think thats it sorry you are wrong .Its done a few hundred more than that already and will have to do thousands before im happy with it. If i came on here each day saying ive done this or that today people would soon get bored reading about it.While we dont have a multimillion pound budget to test with there is alot more to it than a quick run out for half an hour .While i respect people will make critical comments they dont bother me to much i will just get on with the job i was asked to do. Please feel free to come over and have ago for yourself free tank of fuel aswell.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

to be honest BOSTFOOT ..............i cant think of a much better test.........and done by someone as qualified as stew.................
what would you suggest........................?
and by the way mate...............you havnt posted an intro in welcome section ...... :evil:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
J1MS

I have to agree, you have the right test pilot on that scooter. If anyone can break it or find fault he will. As hes been doing it for years down a drag strip :twisted: :twisted: ...Stew is more than qualified... 8-)
twin

J1MS wrote:I have to agree, you have the right test pilot on that scooter. If anyone can break it or find fault he will. As hes been doing it for years down a drag strip :twisted: :twisted: ...Stew is more than qualified... 8-)
Good and thats what i want him to do for me,he has a good name and i would like this gearbox to be one of the last bits in the lambretta engine jigsaw,and if we can get this right then a 5 speed will be on the cards,
DGB gears,
Dave Briggs,
CT.

This is excellent news, don't know how I missed this thread until now. Roll on the 5 speed box too, I think it goes without saying that we would all love one of these so as long as the price is within grasp and all the current testing continues well it will be a winner. Good luck 8-)
bostfoot

hi 100 mph lambretta .com how s the gearbox testing going :?:
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

Done 300 miles and now back at DGB for tollerance checks before it goes back in the bike.
jonny snatchsniffer

give it to me, id be able to break it without even riding it :D
twin

jonny snatchsniffer wrote:give it to me, id be able to break it without even riding it :D
then y wud i do that.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Any updates on this one?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information