New BGM 12v AC/DC Universal Regulators

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
MarkH
Dealer

A nice universal 4 plug universal AC/DC voltage regulator from BGM. This will work with any 12v Vespa and Lambretta conversion. Another high quality product from BGM in Germany. Comes complete with regulator unit, 3 flat pin plug ends, ground wire, bridge wire, plus grey and black sheathing.

This regulator supplies AC as well as DC current. Therefore it is the perfect replacement for all Ducati 3-pin and 5-pin regulators as well as for the Vespatronic and Varitronic regulators.
  • • AC - AC alternating current: IN and OUT for the current delivered from the stator plate and out for the regulated AC current to the wiring loom.

• SENSE: With this regulator the AC IN and OUT has to be bridged. With the so-called SENSE function the power out is checked by the internals of the regulator with a reference value. So the power output is constant even with alternating load.

• DC direct current: OUT with DC for charging the battery. With ignition systems capable of high power output consumers can be fed directly. (GPS, water pumps, rev counters, speedos and all sort of other toys.)

• Earth: Can simply be taken from the old existing regulator. If there wasn’t an Earth connection, you should install one. Use the Earth out of the regulator and connect it to the frame of the scooter. Make sure this is fitted to a leading piece of the frame, no paint. Ideally you can wire the earth to the body of the regulator additionally.
The connection of the regulator to your existing wiring loom is easy. With complete AC systems you simply need to plug the AC out to the wires that provide current to the consumers. With systems using AC and DC to run the electrics, you simply need to separate AC and DC lead wires and connect it regarding if there is AC or DC needed.

http://jet200.com/catalog/product_info. ... cts_id=842

Image Image
Image Image
RICSPEED

better if it came with a matching terminal socket
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
soullad
Dealer

Mark, any chance of posting the DC output values at say 1000 rpm intervals, esp with a full AC load applied?
Philipp
Dealer

RICSPEED wrote:better if it came with a matching terminal socket
we thought about that. but we found this solution more comfortable. especially when you take the stator plate off. the terminal socket needs to be cutted.

we don't give any power outputs for single electrical parts. it depends on too many aspects.

cheers

these are the fitting instructions:

http://issuu.com/scooter-center.com/doc ... pTime=6000
philipp@scooter-center.com
0049 (0) 2238 -307459
RICSPEED

Philipp wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:better if it came with a matching terminal socket
we thought about that. but we found this solution more comfortable. especially when you take the stator plate off. the terminal socket needs to be cutted.

we don't give any power outputs for single electrical parts. it depends on too many aspects.

cheers

these are the fitting instructions:

http://issuu.com/scooter-center.com/doc ... pTime=6000
i was going by the pic here as it seemed the yellow wire was like a jumper between two terminals and red could still have a m & f terminal further on :?:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
cezeta

same or similar to the variatronic one?
firekdp

It looks very similar to this one.
http://www.petrolscooter.co.uk/catalog/ ... ma-50-110/
What I don't understand is how the "sense" function works or why it is needed, also if this reg/reg needs the link to function, why isn't it built internally into it :?:
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

That other one looks identical to the scootrs one which is also less than £8 all in: I have one on my indian GP but apparantly it only puts out 6volts as it's half wave?
lockman69

firekdp wrote:It looks very similar to this one.
http://www.petrolscooter.co.uk/catalog/ ... ma-50-110/
What I don't understand is how the "sense" function works or why it is needed, also if this reg/reg needs the link to function, why isn't it built internally into it :?:
So

philipp @scooter centre , Mark H @Jet200 and Ian @ MB.............Is this the same product ? it looks the same

I hope it's not when its only £5-99......and the BGM version is in the region of £20-00........

Regards
soullad
Dealer

Look guys, I'm all for improving things whenever possible but I think a few more facts are needed...

1) Dc output against revs (sure I know diff flywheels etc change values) - a best average would do?
2) what voltage does the sense function regulate to?
3) what possible fluctuations / spikes can be expected from the "normal" AC type output, and why isn't this regulated?

I only ask question 1 because I'd hate to bolt on additional 2 spots, phone /car charger, air horn etc etc and find the battery cannot cope and it slowly drains.
Question 2 because if I wire up like this, I would need to know what voltage bulbs etc to put in
question 3 ? why are these terminals present at all, surely the sensed output is preferred?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information