TSR Exhaust Vs ADS3 and the missing tailcan bracket debate

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

This has been getting some interest on the LCGB with the main debate being about the lack of end can support

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAMBRETTA-TSR ... 3f3ddbeb45

Just wondered if there's a reason that there isn't any support for the can and the graphs on the ebay ad look good but wonder how they compare to something like the ADS3?
Donnie.
shocky

I saw them at wicksteed and they looked well made and quite heavy so id say a end bracket was a must
why go to the expense of making a 2 piece front pipe when a endcan support would be better and 5hey were 150 at Wicksteed
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

Is anyone using one of these? be interested to hear what they are really like as their dyno print looks quite impressive from their website. Anyone know what engine this was tested on?
Donnie

Bugger, i did look at wicky but must have missed them :-(
Donnie.
Donnie

who was selling them?
Donnie.
shocky

Donnie wrote:who was selling them?
Not sure of there name but he's the from wales they were in the center near the food entrance
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
mickjr

I think they have tried to copy the pipe design pipes,with a bigger pipe going to the silencer for strength,but pipe design have a bracket on the silencer to shock mount.
was it twisted rods flogging them?
Donnie

Well i've had a look through pipedesign.de website and there aint a single exhaust on there for a lambretta with a bracket for the tail can.
Donnie.
Yanker

mickjr wrote:I think they have tried to copy the pipe design pipes,?
The sales blurb/spec staes categorically that "Dyno-developed In Germany with cooperation of exhaust guru marco rentzmann over the last 2 years" and "The original brief was to design an exhaust system that would ........" suggesting that this product is the result of a collaboration and is therefore not an attempted copy and is fully licensed by the designer?

Ref the can support, surely this would have been specced by the designer and not deleted if it was remotely going to compromise structural integrity and result in a deluge of product returns?

Interesting looking budget system: let's see how it fares? If the 'gook' build and material quality is up to par than it should last well, especially as there are no stainless sections.....
Donnie

Sent tsr a message on here about a month ago so they either dont come on here or dont bother replying :-(
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information