Gamma Technology RTSE1000 beta testing

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
eden
Dealer

vibration and water have not been a problem on mine so far. speed is bang on against GPS. it has a small bracket on the back of it which you can use to fix it
ove

Any more updates on this Eden? or anyone else who is using one?

cheers ove.
eden
Dealer

there are loads of them out there now. have a look at any of my videos from last year to see its worked great all year.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyu8hB ... age8IqjOVg
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

I've recently fitted one with help from Eden , impressed so far with functions and ease of set up with the touch screen :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
ove

Cheers fellas.
Swat
Main scooter: AF Rayspeed S type GP225

I've also gone for the 'Gamma' mine is the slightly cheaper one without exhaust gas temp facility. Fitted into headset top in place to std speedo. I'm generally less than confident with electrics but had no problems - possibly helped by fact I've gone DC with battery so have stable power supply
Unit when first installed took 5mins to set up I'm using wheel circumference of 134cm for speedo and at this setting seems accurate - calibrated by means of riding past one of those smiley face speed reminders in our village. Head temp sensor riveted to head fin adjacent to plug and fast 60mph plus run shows head temp of around 100deg C. Only issue is indicated rpm is showing a bit high - showing 6250 rpm at 60 but reckon should be just under 6000 given my SX200 drivetrain.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Don't take the gearing for revs figures as gospel. U have to factor in other elements such as tyre wear, road surface etc etc. I tested my gamma revs against a vapor speedo and they were pretty similar. How did u arrive at ur wheel circumference??
Swat
Main scooter: AF Rayspeed S type GP225

Point taken Jon - the wheel circumference taken from rolling bike from a marked wheel position to repeat position and measuring linear on ground distance covered (with help of a teenage son!) came out as 132cm but inputting that gave low speed readings so upped to 134 in line with what Toddy was discovering with his calibrations (he verified with gps)
Appreciate comments re gearing variables and it's not massively out - make take a wind off the pickup wire on HT lead and see if it reads lower
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

I use heidenau tyres I think the rolling circumference is 1357 but I'm not certain, i can check wat I have input in mine tomorra if u like. Watever mine is its the same as edens unless he's changed his?
Yanker

Swat wrote: Fitted into headset top in place to std speedo.
Oooo, any pix of your arrangement there? Please?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information