New Rear Shock from Readspeed

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
soulsurfer

The BGM has a groove machined into it giving an indication of maximum adjustment, but that one doesn't look safe to me so I'd be surprised if it's supposed to be extended that far.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

Right so it only has a limited amount of travel :? 10mm same as the BGM one. Here`s the sum total of the instructions supplied, it`s like something from the dying days of BSA.
There is a small groove on the shaft Soulsurfer but as you can see below there`s not a lot to go on, supplied in a brown box with a cardboard label tied on :oops:
They should just have put SCK`s web address on it for fitting instructions as it was too much trouble to bother themselves :)

And here`s what is supplied by Scooter Centre for their BGM shock, to which the Readspeed shock bears a striking resemblance. You get what you pay for I suppose.

http://www.scooter-center.com/medias/sy ... 2).pdf.pdf
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
carlos fandango

So it adjusts from 295 to305 same as the BGM .
Yes the instructions could be better , I'll pass on the feed back.
If you want a pretty box and a PDF your better off paying the extra £60 for the BGM one :D
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
soulsurfer

Is this from the same manufacturer as the BGM or is it an Asian copy?
ArmandTanzarian

soulsurfer wrote:Is this from the same manufacturer as the BGM or is it an Asian copy?
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that all BGM stuff is made in Germany. As far as I know, they have things made all over the place.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
carlos fandango

Yes the BGM is made in asia , but made in Germany prices l
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
soulsurfer

ArmandTanzarian wrote:
soulsurfer wrote:Is this from the same manufacturer as the BGM or is it an Asian copy?
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that all BGM stuff is made in Germany. As far as I know, they have things made all over the place.
I understand that, but is this a copy of the BGM or another original design? I ask as there are plenty of copies of other peoples designs that are not as good good quality, hence price differences that aren't put down to a box and instructions being provided.
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

Prompt reply received from Readspeed saying that it should be adjusted to 310mm for S2 fitment, no mention of that on the extensive instruction label, and no mention of using the groove as a guide in the reply either :roll: Loads sold to S2 owners with no problems(probably because they`re all still sitting in sheds) and "may" look into supplying better fitting instructions.
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
Bifter
Main scooter: vespa p210

I "think " but not 100% that the bgm and this are made in the same place
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

Guys, Asia is a big place, err, continent. It includes places like Japan, whence come excellent products, and places with lower technology / much cheaper labour rates, and places in between. Most of Russia is in Asia. I don't hear many scooterists saying that the connecting rod in their Lambretta's crankshaft is Asian, when, being from Japan, it actually is.

As far as I know, BGM stuff is made in Taiwan, or in Germany. Most illegal copies of stuff come out of China (as in the People's Republic of China) and Vietnam.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information