New chain tensioner from Readspeed

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
carlos fandango

Ok first off , i have no connection with Readspeed, apart from they are my local and prefered dealer :)

Readspeed "Stickazzi" Lambretta Overhead Chain Guide.
The "Stickazzi" is a totally new product design,unique to Readspeed, that allows Lambretta owners the abilty to use "Half Link" and "Stretched Chains", with it's unique adjustable overhead pulldown guide and fully adjustable lower guide.
This allows Lambretta owners to a use a number of chain sizes, by simply adjusting the upper guide. It also solves the issue with different front and rear sprocket combinations.

http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shop ... 6227-p.asp
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Has anyone we know tested it ;)
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

I'm sure Jerome has and I know him quite well. 8-)
Did you have to do that?
carlos fandango

Toddy wrote:Has anyone we know tested it ;)
Lol, yes , by he who cannot be named ;)
its been in for a year of abuse, with no problems :D
Its also beenon test in rimini I believe , but dont quote me on that one?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Cheers Russ :lol: :lol:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
carlos fandango

Heres some pics of one thats been on test for a year.

Stickazzi prototype test photos
Last edited by carlos fandango on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

I know that scoot 8-) G. looks like a good piece of kit ….
eden
Dealer

I didn't see this topic before :)

ye I tested that last year in the winter model which has my cast 245 engine shown in the pics. all I can say is it worked and hasn't fallen to bits.
The production unit is slightly different to the prototype I tested in that it has another plate over the top to add some more strength.
The only negative point is that it is a bit pricey compared to other types available. maybe that's just because im a tight wad though lol.

The prototype was secret squirrel all year which gave me a bit of a challenge at Cobblesoul last year, I managed to brake a cog on my 3rd gear on the track and needed to strip the box out to find the broken cog with out anyone seeing the tensioner. Luckily when we got back to the camp site all the lads with me went to the bar which is about 500 meters away from where we were camping and I took that opportunity to strip it and get the side case back on before they got back with my beer :) it was a close call but I got away with it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information