Gel Battery

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Anyone using one of the gel battery. The last one i used didn't last very long, so would like to know if they are any better. Mine lasted about 6 months.
coaster

Do you mean the sealed alarm type batteries? I'm on my 3rd one on my Wassel DC conversion, mine is in the tool box and I'm wondering if heat and vibration is killing them. The next one is going somewhere else, possibly at the back near the rear wheel.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

No, the standard 12v battery for the electric start, lights ect
carlos fandango

coaster wrote:Do you mean the sealed alarm type batteries? I'm on my 3rd one on my Wassel DC conversion, mine is in the tool box and I'm wondering if heat and vibration is killing them. The next one is going somewhere else, possibly at the back near the rear wheel.
Interesting im on my third battery too. The first was a normal bike battery and the other one an alarm type. :?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
ArmandTanzarian

I found that the Alarm batteries wouldn't hold charge but the normal bike battery has been fine since the summer even though the scoot hasn't been riden much recently.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
mac

GLscoot wrote:Anyone using one of the gel battery. The last one i used didn't last very long, so would like to know if they are any better. Mine lasted about 6 months.
Have you checked to make sure the charging rate is ok? I've used gel batterys on different bikes and scooters and had no problems with them, they last a lot longer than a wet cell battery, On my GP I've had the same small gel battery for a couple of years, not tried alarm ones.
cezeta

carlos fandango wrote:
coaster wrote:Do you mean the sealed alarm type batteries? I'm on my 3rd one on my Wassel DC conversion, mine is in the tool box and I'm wondering if heat and vibration is killing them. The next one is going somewhere else, possibly at the back near the rear wheel.
Interesting im on my third battery too. The first was a normal bike battery and the other one an alarm type. :?
we use the alarm batteries at work, there has been a big problem with them, we garauntee them for four years and they are failing after six months.

yuasa last for ever so we only use this type now
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

cezeta wrote:
yuasa last for ever so we only use this type now
.... that's good I'm here for another 42 years yet. :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information