Malossi 210 kits - 2013 redesign

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
hobospeed

Anyone have more info on the redesigned Malossi 210 kits? Scooter center sent out some info but it would be nice to see some pictures of the bores and some port timing numbers. Here is what they put out:

http://blog.scooter-center.com/malossi- ... 0/?lang=en

Two new Malossi Cylinder vor Vespa 200cc

1983:
The Malossi aluminum cylinder with 68,5 mm diameter for Vespa 200 – turning point in Vespa tuning – was born. Made of Nicasil aluminum, with super light piston and 1.2 mm semi trapezoidal rings, it becomes a legend, a real must-have for all Vespa fans.

2008:
The Malossi Vespa cylinder is updated, by adding the head with hemispherical combustion chamber and central spark plug.

2013:
The cylinder, always made of Nicasil aluminum, has been completely changed concerning both main and rear ports and exhaust port as well. Exhaust port will be available in

Two versions:
- SPORT: Art. 3115618
- MHR: Art. 3115567

MHR version is different from SPORT version also due to the port map with racing features.
The perfect centering between head and cylinder is guaranteed by two centering bushes located on two stud bolts, while the o-ring ensures a perfect seal.

TECHNICAL FEATURES
ALUMINIUM CYLINDER
- Cylinders obtained by gravity die-casting in permanent steel moulds.
- Material: hardened and tempered high silicon content primary aluminium alloy.
- Machining: on numerically controlled high precision machine tools.
- Cylinder liner with silicon carbide metal-spray coating on a galvanic nickel matrix, cross-honed with passes with diamonds for very tight tolerances.
- Recalculated and increased heat exchange surfaces.
- Exhaust and transfer ports designed and tested for maximum thermodynamic performance.
- Dimensional and surface finish quality control performed according to Malossi’s internal specifications.
- Cylinder and piston selected for a fit of 0.005 mm.
- Checking of all the seals carried out.
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

From what I have seen, the boost port has been enlarged in pic I seen. As for the rest I'll need to have a look at closely, but as far as I can make out , all ports n transfers have been altered. It's got to be a good thing , I'd be interested in getting 1 without that shite head
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

More info here:
http://storage.malossistore.com/news/pd ... pa_001.pdf

It would seem that the Sport is the more touring orientated version and does not require crankcase matching! :shock:
Hey remember that old chestnut? :lol:

SF
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information