Uk dealer announced for cyclone 5speed gearbox

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
gtwildcat
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

18th October 2012

Following recent discussions with Rimini Lambretta Centre, 100mphlambrettaclub is pleased to announce that they are to be the main UK distributor for the RLC / DRT ‘CYCLONE 5 SPEED’ gearboxes. We are currently fitting it to as many different Lambretta engine types as possible to understand the relationship each gearbox combination has with the power characteristics of the cylinder kit it is working with. This will help us to advise any potential customer which gear set up best suits their Lambretta.

Initially it has been put in to a Targa Twin 250 with outstanding results, unleashing the true potential of this engine. What was amazing was the fifth gear performance, as a genuine accelerating gear and not as a simple ‘overdrive’. Through the gears, from 1st to 5th, it gave great performance. 5th gear picked up easily from 4000 rpm without needing to change down! Also of note, when slowing in to a corner, after changing back down to 3rd gear, the Lambretta took the corner with immense acceleration. Then back onto the straight with 4th and 5th gears still to come. As a ‘back to back’ comparison for the first four gears only, everything from acceleration to top speed was much quicker with the Cyclone fitted – and there was still an extra gear change to go. We are now fitting in to a TS1 and again will evaluate which Cyclone gear set works best. Hopefully within a few weeks we will have most set ups calculated (we are working as fast as we can on this).

Any potential customer is more than welcome to ring or email us with any questions they have on the CYCLONE 5 SPEED’s. We offer a full fitting service to anyone who is unsure about doing it themselves, or technical back to any customer who wishes to fit it themselves. We are currently building a dedicated page on our website, full of information which will feature regular updates.

Finally, for now it gives me great pleasure to thank Rimini Lambretta Centre & DRT Dennis for creating the final piece of the Lambretta jigsaw. Since the first Series one rolled of the production line some 54 years ago, the Lambretta evolution has happened in the shape of the CYCLONE 5 SPEED.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Bit disappointed Stu hasn't posted this himself as he is and has always been a valued member of this forum..

Good news all the same and look forward to test riding a 5 speed after stickys results..:grin:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
gtwildcat

Sorry about him not posting himself, he asked me to do it as he is just flat out busy at min. He will be at brid next week though with the 5speed targa twin and will quite happily answer any questions, cheers John.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Cool, be good to have a ride lol..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
jonny wadd
Xbox live gamer tag: swingin meeet
Main scooter: lambretta gp200 electronic

What happened to 'Parrspeed scooters 'they were announcing that they were the main uk dealer , advertising it in scootering and on Facebook ,
milf hunter
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Gazzumped! :D

What are the prices from 100mph club? anyone know? Do they have stock?
lamy150

will it make the scooter go 100mph or is that just down to tuning
gtwildcat

jonashford wrote:Gazzumped! :D

What are the prices from 100mph club? anyone know? Do they have stock?
Stuart's got 20 arriving next week :)
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

If I can scrape the cash ill get one :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information