New Big Block Gran Turismo Kit 200-245cc

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Yep, it has been running and did 33bhp & 26ft lbs on it's first outing in 250cc format it was a couple of bhp down on where I'd hoped (58 stroke and 76 bore...odd arrangement I know).

I need to have a think about where this cylinder goes in the future, for sure, it will not be alloy. If it comes it will be iron because the economics massively influence it this way. Initial thoughts are that it would make a VERY good road engine. Cranks and cases are the consideration and partly why the 250cc test was done as it would be considerably easier to modify cases if the crank were 58 stroke. We'll see what happens in the future, there is one other alloy plated cylinder left, if you were interested let me know.

The fuel injector throttle bodies are also finished (5 in total) and Guy should have finished my engine test stand very soon. Once that is done I can start to get some basic EFi maps running and see how that works out.
cezeta

richard are you talking about the lc or new gt kit?
Rich_T
Dealer

Talking about the LC, the Big Block GT kits will be out of the machine shop this week and into the honers.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Rich_T wrote:.....the Big Block GT kits will be out of the machine shop this week and into the honers.
Good news, lots of people looking forward to these.

Will you be posting a few pics and release details etc in due course?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Rich_T
Dealer

Yep, I'll post up some details etc. It's been some time, original plan was to have them done in Feb this year, still this just means more time testing.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Cool.

Thanks
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
RICSPEED

Rich_T wrote: there is one other alloy plated cylinder left, if you were interested let me know..
im going up to see guy soon ill have a chat about it
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Rich T.
Have you produced iron & aluminium versions from common patterns & moulds or are the two processes quite different?

SF
Rich_T
Dealer

The GT big block kit is produce ONLY in iron.

The 250LC cylinders have been made in both iron and aluminium from the same tooling. Because it is a water-cooled kit and the sections are sensible it is possible to do this. The cylinder heads for the LC are always in aluminium though.

Muppet, you sent me a PM but I can't reply as you have disabled this function in your profile.
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Rich_T wrote:The GT big block kit is produce ONLY in iron.

The 250LC cylinders have been made in both iron and aluminium from the same tooling. Because it is a water-cooled kit and the sections are sensible it is possible to do this. The cylinder heads for the LC are always in aluminium though.
Interesting. Thanks. :geek:

SF
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information