New Big Block Gran Turismo Kit 200-245cc

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

The LC got shifted down the priority list as the Big Block tooling and fixtures need to be completed first so that product can be launched.
The prototype LC will be running in a week or two (as the fixture will be finished in a couple of days). Has has given me some time to reconsider some improvments for the LC to broaded the appeal but production on the LC is definately put back at least 6-10 months as the big block is much more important and there is also another batch of small blocks to make.
Yanker

Rich_T wrote:
It 's a bit of a head stractcher where all the power came from as there are a lot of small changes in this barrel over the small block and the difference between a small block bored to 66 and the big block at 66 is massive.

It hasn't been on the dyno yet, I'm waiting for two more engines to be finished before we spend a day up there. It cetainly does feel like 25bhp and it pulls from nothing and stays on the power really well.

The test engine is running with a Porcupine head and a huge squish (it is pretty low on the compression stakes) but is starts extremely well. Years ago, at Gran Sport, we used to get the GT206 demonstrator warm then play the game of trying to push the kick start to the floor as slowly as possible with out starting the engine. This new engine has the same properties, it is exceptionally easy to kick over.

I have some pictures which I'll post up in a bit.
Just the Boyesen ports, bigger transfer time area and exhaust port tweek then? Any progres on reed petal relibility?
Rich_T
Dealer

No quite, "just" the items you mention are significant changes.

All the ports have changes on width, profile, area, angles, and progressive volume. That is 5 changes for transfers, boost and exhaust. Then boysen ports on top that is 5 x 5 x 5 x 5. That's over 3,000 variations to try and narrow down which single (or conbination) of changes is providing improvements.

The other thing is that in producing the big block kit in this detail you discover how technically different they are to the small block.
Frautzi

Any news when this kit will be ready ..?
Better to keep quiet and be thought of as a D!ck Head, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Rich_T
Dealer

CNC fixture is modified and now at the machine shop. Pattern tooling has gone through two further modifications and has been at the foundry for over a week.

First 50 castings due to be delivered to the machine shop on 21st this month (frick'in Anthony Gormley jumped the line).

Machine shop estimate 1 week to finish but will not jump on the job straight away, there will be a couple of days for us to work over the drawings and manufacturing process. Although the same CNC jig is used the programe is different and requires different tool paths to the small block.
TED CRUD

Rich_T wrote:The LC got shifted down the priority list as the Big Block tooling and fixtures need to be completed first so that product can be launched.
The prototype LC will be running in a week or two (as the fixture will be finished in a couple of days). Has has given me some time to reconsider some improvments for the LC to broaded the appeal but production on the LC is definately put back at least 6-10 months as the big block is much more important and there is also another batch of small blocks to make.
I want the LC and i want it now ,Spoilt Brat moment over .Well i will have to wait :lol:
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
dutch

rich i`ve sent you a pm about gt 186
Scootcanada

Any updates on this eagerly awaited kit?

Cheers.
Rich_T
Dealer

Haas machine broke down last week. Machining final gasket faces this week, everything ready to go. Send me a PM if you want to reserve one.
RICSPEED

seen the lc in guy's work shop .. any progress with that at all ... very cool bit of kit
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information