New Avanti Clubman

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
DRC86
Main scooter: Cutdown gp.

looks quality ron,...one of these and a small block avanti(please make them!!)will suit my ser 1 just fine!
OAP
Dealer

"Crooky"

100% these are a big improvement over a standard clubman but if an engine does not have the capabilities of producing extra RPM with a decent exhaust
then there is no point in fitting one. Only you (or your mates) will know if it is being held back. If it has that capability then this will improve the performance.

Leave the gear ratio as is to get a back to back comparisson, it may well be able to pull a slightly higher gear ratio as you have suggested, but take one thing at a time.
RM
OAP
Dealer

oops sorry you wanted an up date on delivery.

JL's are closed for their annual holiday's, because of this I am still waiting for the final mods to be carried out.
Yes I cannot wait to get hold of it too!
Lamaddict

Are they back from their hols now. What's the expected release date?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Holidays !!!!!!! Don't these people know there's a world wide recession? :P
OAP
Dealer

"Holidays !!!!!!! Don't these people know there's a world wide recession? :P"

In one word NO :oops:
Both Andy Francis and I thought back in JUNE that we were nearly there to GO.
As Andy is the "Concessionaire" for the UK we assumed that what he is told is somewhere near the truth.
Unfortunately Jim Lomas services the world in not only scooter exhausts but motorcycles as well so there are obviously a few porkies being told as far as deliveries are concerned.

I spoke to Andy last Tuesday after he returned from the I.O.W, JL are back at work, but it seems that Jim was in the UK regarding some personal family matters at that time. JL had asked for my prototype to be returned which will be with them tomorrow,( Monday) but I am still waiting for my update version ( seven weeks) to be done!

According to Andy the bottom line is six weeks, but I am not going ahead until I have my final update version made. As you can imagine every 1 BHP makes a difference, it does not take long to do, one day would do it. Will be speaking to them on Tuesday so fingers crossed as it is now getting somewhat embarrassing.
RM
Russell
Main scooter: 1966 Lambretta SX200

Any more progress Ron?
OAP
Dealer

Apologies for the delay, that is all I seem to be saying of late.
I had some communication from LJ’s on Tuesday 11th September, my latest update was finished, but it has still not arrived at my workshop!

Andy Francis has the skins so it is all ready to go and waiting for me to say which version is to be used. Until I receive said update it’s not going anywhere.

Here is the last version that was on the Dyno at Diablo’s

Red Line is an AF Road / Rally pipe, Blue is the “SuperClubman” fitted to a standard Avanti Kit

With a bit more time spent on jetting to get rid of the “dip” it is not too bad.
ove

Impressive looking results Ron.
jimmers

any news on a expected date for these??
:D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information