new lambretta chain tensioner

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
rocho68
Dealer

Knowledge wrote:Thanks for the prompt reply.

I note that the roller bearing is shielded. From my limited experience, shielded bearings do not like running at the same speeds as open (oil lubricated) bearings, such as the drive-side main. Given the size of this roller, I guess it could be turning a tad faster than engine speed, which might be too fast for a shielded bearing.

However, even if this did prove to be an issue, avoiding such a problem might be as easy as popping the shield out of the bearing.

Keep up the good work and posted on the testing.
The rollers are taken from a motorcycle design were the revs are a lot higher than a lambretta so with it now being submerssed in oil as well as lower rpm i think that the life of the roller should outlast the original motorcyle application it as designed for ,well thats the theory !!!! ............ :D
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Thanks for the reply.

I am sure that people will be re-assured that you have done your homework and are backing it up with some road trials. Good luck.
T5-190

Very good idea and nicely made.
Andy Pickering

Got to agree it looks a tidy bit of kit, hope the road tests go without a hitch...some great stuff coming through the forum at the minute very exciting indeed...keep up the hard work rocha..and also the likes of rich t..
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
carlos fandango

Love it Rocho :D put me down for one :D
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
scootRS.com
Dealer

What an excellent forum thread! Someone posts a photo of a cool new item in progress and everyone responds with friendly questions and wishes of good luck. Amazing!

Good luck with your item.
teamsequipe
Main scooter: GP200E Ron Moss Supertuned !

Maybe because they weren't slagging off the competition, and their responses to questions made sense........... just a thought. :roll:
Old Lambrettas Never die ..................... they just go Faster !

Ron Moss says "Supertune it !"
joee

teamsequipe wrote:Maybe because they weren't slagging off the competition, and their responses to questions made sense........... just a thought. :roll:

what he said
randall ate my dog!!

no one likes us we dont care
Andy Pickering

teamsequipe wrote:Maybe because they weren't slagging off the competition, and their responses to questions made sense........... just a thought. :roll:
Darrel makes an excellent point there, when Martin (knowledge) asked a probing question as to the quality of the roller, It was answered superbly by the orginater who explained the thoery and also indeed his background knowledge of the said part and how he had sourced the said part and he was confident the part would indeed be more than up to the task he intends it for, further more he is in the process of major road tests and I for one feel confident this part will be tested to within an inch of its life to ensure when the product hits the shelf he can feel proud and be of no doubt it is fit for purpose.......

Just a thought of course.. :D ..

This post in no way is a dig or bullying intending to any member in the uk or worldwide and I have no affliation to the product or the guys involved in its inception ....

Just a thought, have a great day yooouuullll.. :roll:
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Was there not some concern with a simular product using counter sunk fasteners as the load spreading is reduced?
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information