old school eye candy

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

I wasn't suggesting anyone is lying, you came up with that yourself, guilt or whatever I'm no psychoanalyst.

You've posted other videos of the 'goings-on' at the shop you don't work at, so should my request be so bizarre.

So if you have nothing to hide, then out with the handy-cam and make a movie!

Simples..
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
scootRS.com
Dealer

>>I wasn't suggesting anyone is lying, you came up with that yourself

No, Rich did and said to be straight with people instead. Surely you read his post above? Here's the thing: notice you didn't ask for video of anything Rich claimed - or anyone ever? - or said you will have to assume they have something to hide? Not from you, but it is always the same obviously one-sided "if nothing to hide why not an investigation?" nonsense. Sure, if the exact same for everyone. Fair point, no? :)

----

Anyway, I agree already, let's not rely on anyone's opinion. Let's check and see for a fact.

If Eden and Rich would like to put up a friendly $1000 bet each to back up their attacks from nowhere of cluelessness and "misleading" the public about how we made a little LD fan, we will film a video proving it is made on a CNC machine. (Night here, so tomorrow if the machine is free and they confirm.)

Losers have to pay within 3 days and add the to their forum signature for 6 months "I lost a $1000 bet to [ScootRS/Eden & Rich_T]. I was totally wrong. See http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15837" :lol:

Sound like fun? :lol:

Then you can go out on our money and have a good laugh. -Or we can and the few holdouts here can admit for once that double standards and leaping from the outset to attack and assume the worst about anyone is ridiculous and harmful to friendly civil discussion of a silly niche hobby.

I haven't even seen it being made myself, you might win! :D Then again, maybe Eden's argumentum ad verecundiam is a logical fallacy? :o

So who's actually ready to put their money where their mouth is? I am. Eden? Rich?
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Wow, a few very odd responses. We'll need to see video of people typing those in order to believe they actually said them

I'd suggest you relax on the angry conspiracy theories, Rich, and ask a friendly question if curious about something rather than leap first to insulting people and bizarrely claiming they're lying. Not a good approach and exactly what the admin said he doesn't want to see here."

I pick my words very carefully, I am neither angry or have a conspiracy theory (there is no point in either), neither have I “claimed you are lying”. I have asked for your confirmation as clearly from your first post, your people have not “told you the plan earlier”. Notably, you have avoided answering any of the questions posed either in my post. For simplicity I’ll list a couple of questions for you to respond on at the end of this post if you want to.

How about next time: "I was wondering, that doesn't show signs of the CNC process I'm used to, how was it done? Cheers" Then we say something like "Hey, Rich, thanks for the question" and talk about there being other simpler, and much more cost effective, types of CNC machines. Then you say, "Cool. I haven't used other types much, will have to consider that. Good luck with it."

No, I think not, I highly doubt that you will have any machining process or machine I have not heard of. CNC, CAM, RPM, PPM and LVM are areas that I am highly proficient in. “Good luck with it” sure, no problem I wish you well it is always good to make things.

Much better, no? Not clever.

It clearly isn't an old original fan, or even could be - totally different fit with a severe angle on the original fan as you can see -, or cast, or has been done before. It has to be custom made to fit the new and very different flywheel base shown.

What type of syntax is this? It is obvious that none of the centres shown is new at all. There are many designs of fan and centre that were used on LD’s, showing one as conclusive proof that another “has to be custom made” is not credible. I’ve read these lines several times and it makes no sense, best if you can respond to the confirmation questions at the end of this post. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syntax

An LD electronic kit is a good idea (all the original variants are a pig) but I never thought the quantities would be any good.

I'm sure we won't sell many at all, but it will be a solid reasonably priced system and we have about 10 CDI kits for Vespa and Lambretta we do now, so why not. Just for fun. -And we get to enjoy comments like yours about how stupid and awful people are for trying to help a few LD folks out

I did not say you were awful or stupid for making an LD ignition. I’ve build a lot of these early engines, a lot more than most. As I stated, LD ignitions are a bit of a pig because of the complex mechanics and variety of points. I’m certain a sensible alternative would be welcomed.

Clarification:

1. Are any of the fans in the picture at the start of this post fully CNC machined. By this I mean made from a single new piece of new material NOT an old fan re-machined?

2. Are you suggesting that the flywheel centre (bottom right in your picture) is newly manufactured to a custom design?

3. Are you absolutely sure that your “guys” have kept you 100% abreast of the manufacturing plan and specification?

4. Are you suggesting that you will supply CNC machined fans with your standard LD electronic ignition kit?

Pictures:

1. Please post some more detailed pictures of the “CNC fan”, close ups of the details I described in my first post, even just a front and back picture to show it separate from the centre, in focus.

2. If you know the plan but don’t have the pictures, post a screen shot of the CAD, let’s see some detail.

General points, in no particular order and aimed at no particular people / companies alive or dead etc.:

1. Posting pre-production, production pictures and information on Scooterotica is a privilege; let us not forget this (there are very few forums where you can do this).

2. It is the absolute duty of anyone that posts this type of information to make sure it is factually correct, this is in the interests of EVERYONE. Failure to do this or correct mistakes results in people or companies gaining a bad reputation by misleading the forum readers / potential customers (either by accident or otherwise).

3. If a post is challenged on a technical basis, respond on a technical basis. I’m dispassionate about this; I’m not interested in reading “a load of old tosh” http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_o ... f_a_tosher that does not conclusively say or answer anything that has been purposely posed before. When I see this sort of thing I’m likely to think (as most people will) that, “The lady doth protest too much, methinks” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lady_d ... ,_methinks.
scootRS.com
Dealer

Waffle, waffle, waffle. You must be hiding something ;-)

>>So who's actually ready to put their money where their mouth is? I am. Eden? Rich?

Eden: Yes or no?

Rich Taylor: Yes or no?
mark

good swerve there rendall :biggrin:
mawso

My god you've been upcountry for too long, you've gone fully Col Kurtz...they can't see what you're doing, they don't undertsand your ways and methods do they?

Kirk Lazarus: Everybody knows you never go full retard!
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

So, to the previous posted questions:

No answers,
No confirmation,
No pictures,

Plenty of rhetoric, absent of facts and falsely appropriating allegations to people (and you said I had a conspiracy theory). No one has attacked you; no one insulted you and no one has called you a liar.

You have said that your workshop guys have not kept you informed and you haven’t seen the fan in question. Based on this you say that “the photo clearly shows what he said is impossible - an original wouldn't even fit”. The fact is that an original DOES fit, that is why it is an original.

Now, about your “bet”. A couple of questions let us start with the basics.

1. Who are you (you know me and Eden); lets know all about you. As I understand, there is a bit of a mystery as to your responsibilities in Scoot RS.
2. Who is your legal guarantor in the UK? Who is, or is going to, underwrite you and your products in the UK?
3. How are you proposing to prove that your first posted picture is a full CNC machined fan?

No more “it’s not fair”; you posted a picture and claimed it to be a CNC machined fan for you LD electronic kit. You’ve been fairly and reasonably asked for supporting pictures and confirmation which you have currently failed to provide.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest that anything special has actually been designed let alone produced; no stator plate, no flywheel boss even a little bit shy of posting more flywheel pictures too I guess.

If you were so outraged at the suggestion it might not be a CNC machined part why not post up the supporting pictures at the very least provide answers to the questions asked.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

sorry Randall but you're exhibiting the symptoms of being absolutely barking mad at times_ I used to despise your attitude to us, your customers; now I feel really sorry for you.

Chill out mate

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
scootRS.com
Dealer

Some of you guys are hilarious! :lol: :lol: Attack people for no reason at all, insult, demand video proof, insult, we agree and put you on the spot, then you waffle, waffle, waffle, and try to slink away...

C'mon, don't be such a chicken, Rich. You just spent paragraphs telling everyone why it is not CNC! It's not believable and we need to "be straight with the public" you said, not mislead them as Eden said. And we don't even have a clue what we're talking about anyway, as you both just said a few times, remember?

So it's an easy $1000 for you and a funny sig for us. (Though Eden seems to have abandoned you already.)

It's really easy: put your money where your mouth is. Yes: everyone sees the video that proves which of us is being "straight with the public" as you demanded, and the loser pays. No: you obviously admit you're claims above must be wrong - and maybe a few people learn to discuss issues in a civil manner and move beyond a juvenile attack-herd mentality.

Hey, I could possibly be bluffing, go for it if you think you are right.

One word, no more essays, waffling, or BS: Yes or no?
scootRS.com
Dealer

>>is the fan in that image a CNC fan

What are you babbling about? Yes, yes, yes. There's still only one fan. The fan in the photo. It's CNC. As we said very clearly. And we'll video another to match. Stop waffling and backtracking...

...and grab that $1000 too, Eden. Opportunity knocks! Just have to put your money where your mouth is.

One word, no more essays, waffling, or BS: Yes or no?
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information