old school eye candy

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
scootRS.com
Dealer

Few here probably care much about LDs but the guys in the shop have the CNC fan done to finish off our upcoming Lambretta LD CDI (electronic ignition) kit.

Wish they'd told me the plan earlier :lol:

Looks nice and shiny. Test fitting:

cezeta

a copy of the original thats been out for a while?

i had one done for vega a few years back by jem booth, easy when you know how.
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

I guess they still haven't told you the plan 'cause that does not look like CNC to me.

Those fan blades look to have release angles on the fins. OK, you could say you ground a special tool to make the angle. The other thing is that you can clearly see that every 8th fin you can see a concave face between the fin roots (not possible without 5 axis and I see not "step over" witness marks either. These features are common on castings for casting porposes but would not be included in a CNC design because they have no purpose are hard to replicate and would certainly leave tool witness marks.

Additionally every fours fin you can see a location counter sink, these look very rough, no CNC machine would put in such a doggy looking counter sink.

Again the inner edge looks rough, particularly around dust cover location notches.

SO, are we really to believe that this is a fully CNC machined fan? OR is it an original fan that has been pickled or electro-polished (which would explain the rusty centre) and cleaned up ready to make a copy tool from?

I'd suggest you check with your guys again to make you've been correctly informed. It's far better to be straight with your buying public.

An LD electronic kit is a good idea (all the original variants are a pig) but I never throught the quantities would be any good.
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

Are the blades are the opposite way round on the top one??
Or is it too much vino tinto?
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

LD flywheel spins the opposite way to Li.
Dazza

So the top one is not for the LD then, so why is it shown at all ?
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Can you post a video of the CNC in action please?
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
scootRS.com
Dealer

Wow, a few very odd responses. We'll need to see video of people typing those in order to believe they actually said them ;-)

>>I'd suggest you..
I'd suggest you relax on the angry conspiracy theories, Rich, and ask a friendly question if curious about something rather than leap first to insulting people and bizarrely claiming they're lying. Not a good approach and exactly what the admin said he doesn't want to see here.

How about next time: "I was wondering, that doesn't show signs of the CNC process I'm used to, how was it done? Cheers" Then we say something like "Hey, Rich, thanks for the question" and talk about there being other simpler, and much more cost effective, types of CNC machines. Then you say, "Cool. I haven't used other types much, will have to consider that. Good luck with it."

Much better, no?

It clearly isn't an old original fan, or even could be - totally different fit with a severe angle on the original fan as you can see -, or cast, or has been done before. It has to be custom made to fit the new and very different flywheel base shown.

>>An LD electronic kit is a good idea (all the original variants are a pig) but I never throught the quantities would be any good.

I'm sure we won't sell many at all, but it will be a solid reasonably priced system and we have about 10 CDI kits for Vespa and Lambretta we do now, so why not. Just for fun. -And we get to enjoy comments like yours about how stupid and awful people are for trying to help a few LD folks out ;-)

>>So the top one is not for the LD then, so why is it shown at all ?

Because we were testing the new sample and it shows you how it was custom made to fit. You know, for fun again :-)
Dazza

I wasn't having a dig at all, don't really see my comment as odd either, two different types of flywheel are shown and couldn't see why...
scootRS.com
Dealer

Eden, your reply suggest you haven't read the posts carefully before also leaping to insult people as clueless. I thought you wanted to avoid that approach here and keep things friendly?

Rich is simply totally wrong in this case. The photo clearly shows what he said is impossible - an original wouldn't even fit - and he appears fixated on one type of machine he knows, as I explained very nicely without leaping to insult him as clueless and lying to the public as he strangely did.

Better to ask a friendly question first if curious, no?

Dazza, no problem with your post at all. Straightforward question. It's only posts adamantly claiming something isn't really made by CNC - like someone is going to fake that??? -, must insult first, must see video to prove you're not lying, then a clear and polite reply "suggests you just dont know what your talking about" and need to "lighten up" etc. Utterly bizarre. It's like Alice in Wonderland here sometimes. :roll:
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information