New electronic kit anyone?

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
firekdp

Muttley McLadd wrote: you're
:roll:
RICSPEED

Rich_T wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:there's the Honda type with 4 wires and a threaded collar and a similar looking one for Harley's but that would mean lights hard wired i guess but as this is a generator system that should not be a problem
If you can post up a link to these switches I'll get a couple and have a look to see how they can be converted.

this would probably be the most common type and easily available - 4 wire - black/red (ignition on/off black to earth in off position) green/yellow((i think) on /off lights ,horn etc ...

possible that a collared adaptor ping could be made up ,from memory case approx 23-25 mm dia

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Ignition- ... 33648e7f97

the above type was the one i had in mind fitted to practically all 70's/80's Honda's ,again 4 wire in the same config as first link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IGNITION-SWIT ... 53e0c6794c

this has 6 wires but fitting may be awkward
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
RICSPEED

ps ......... the 3rd position on the last one was used for parking lights and i dont think ignition is live in this position

this one - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHROME-IGNITI ... 5644ca2c0e

is off-on-on ... but only three terminal
soulsurfer

Rich, has a commonly available ignition switch been sourced now?
Can you confirm the range of retard and advance?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

There are several options for ignition switch. If you have the TV, SX and special type handle bar switch (ie scooter fitted with 4 or 5 position ignition switch) you have a couple of options. 1. if your original ignition switch was for a DC battery system you can use it directly (Casa and AC type can not be used too well). 2. Use the 4 position stwitch from a Lambro (as in the manual).

If you have a cut out switch then a good alternative is Ebay item It will need a bezel making or converting. It is a 3 position switch so could be used to replace AC type ignition switches BUT you will lose one switch position which means you have to decide which of the previous key positions you don't want (ie 1: 0ff 2:run, no lights 3:run, side lights 4:run,main lights). I think it is still an MOT pass if you you can not turn off the side lights so making position 2 redundant would be my bet but it is up to you.
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Advance and retard curve is as per the manual.
coaster

Very interesting thread Rich, what happened to all the pictures?
coaster

Muttley McLadd wrote:....A good Japanese one that has a plastic connector on the back that could be plugged straight into another plastic connector on the loom would be perfect. And, the key isn't likely to fall out either.
Same here Mutley but I've had no problems with the ScootRs ones to be fair. They are very similar to the ones that MB sells which are also reliable.
RICSPEED

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information