New electronic kit anyone?

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

I just spent an hour at Gran Sport with a multi-meter and my head in a box of ignition switches. Paul from Scooter Restorations was there to so he was very useful to bounce availability ideas off too. The up shot is that I must have set up on an original DC 5 position switch and assumed that Casa would have done a good copy of this.

Unfortunately, this is not the case and I could not find a consistant switch design (Indian or Italian) that suited the ignition contact requirements. However the saviour came in the unlikely form of the Lambro 5 wire 5 position switch which is perfect for the job. I will re-write that section in the manual and up load it in the next hour or so.
firekdp

Rich_T wrote:I just spent an hour at Gran Sport with a multi-meter and my head in a box of ignition switches.
Oops, sorry.

As a last resort an Indian AC type could do the job with the ignition run off the pilot light circuit in positions 2 & 3, but then obviously the 1st position of the key switch would be redundant.
soulsurfer

Rich_T wrote:I just spent an hour at Gran Sport with a multi-meter and my head in a box of ignition switches. Paul from Scooter Restorations was there to so he was very useful to bounce availability ideas off too. The up shot is that I must have set up on an original DC 5 position switch and assumed that Casa would have done a good copy of this.

Unfortunately, this is not the case and I could not find a consistant switch design (Indian or Italian) that suited the ignition contact requirements. However the saviour came in the unlikely form of the Lambro 5 wire 5 position switch which is perfect for the job. I will re-write that section in the manual and up load it in the next hour or so.
Where are the Lambro switches available from Rich?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
RICSPEED

there must be a Japanese type suitable ,shame i cant find my hi-level catalogue :(
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Rich_T
Dealer

Gran Sport have 3 Lambro switches and I believe Scooter Restorations have some too. I'm sure a far east pattern part will appear at some point, I haven't started digging yet.
Muttley McLadd

Rich_T wrote:Gran Sport have 3 Lambro switches
At sixty quid a pop, they must be gold plated!! :shock:
CakeAndArseParty
RICSPEED

there's the Honda type with 4 wires and a threaded collar and a similar looking one for Harley's but that would mean lights hard wired i guess but as this is a generator system that should not be a problem
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
firekdp

Muttley McLadd wrote:At sixty quid a pop, they must be gold plated!! :shock:
They only became expensive after some people realised that you can make N.O.S. TV, SX, GP, switches out of them using old internals and selling them on ebay for £120+. Most of the NOS ones I've seen on there are these.

If your not bothered about original looks the the scootrs type has an accessory position that could be used.
Muttley McLadd

firekdp wrote: If you're not bothered about original looks the the scootrs type has an accessory position that could be used.
But how long would it last? I've experienced a couple of sh it ignition switches and it's a pain in the arse.

A good Japanese one that has a plastic connector on the back that could be plugged straight into another plastic connector on the loom would be perfect. And, the key isn't likely to fall out either.
CakeAndArseParty
Rich_T
Dealer

RICSPEED wrote:there's the Honda type with 4 wires and a threaded collar and a similar looking one for Harley's but that would mean lights hard wired i guess but as this is a generator system that should not be a problem
If you can post up a link to these switches I'll get a couple and have a look to see how they can be converted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information