another tubeless disaster......front end this time.

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
cezeta

goodbye valve hello road......

wishing the victim all the best with his recovery.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/WKFA_SC/inde ... topic=7041
Train Driver

Its nearly my birthday so when can i expect a set of SIP rims :bouncing: :bouncyeng:
this is for cezeta, its a family thing :lol: :lol:
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
cezeta

its my birthday before yours and i havent got the insurance money yet from the last set of rims i used.
dansuper
Main scooter: 1963 LI 185

Still don't really 'get' why this happens. I.e., regardless of people having installed Bike-it replacements, or retained the originals, or installed others - seems as though there's a reasonable chance of them going.

I'm on my original tubeless valves (ScootRS) and checking them regularly, and everything seems perfectly alright. Have the Bridgeport alloy valves and am about to do the replacement. I know, I know, why risk it...

But why the f@@k do we not hear about people on GTS300s* (*insert any other modern scooter) with rubber press in valves also coming off? What can be so inherently wrong with the design of the rims (let's face it, they are inevitably ScootRS or the Sterling copies, 'cos that's all we've got) that it would casue this to happen?

(Getting a sore arm from flogging a dead horse).
shocky

dansuper wrote:Still don't really 'get' why this happens. I.e., regardless of people having installed Bike-it replacements, or retained the originals, or installed others - seems as though there's a reasonable chance of them going.

I'm on my original tubeless valves (ScootRS) and checking them regularly, and everything seems perfectly alright. Have the Bridgeport alloy valves and am about to do the replacement. I know, I know, why risk it...

But why the f@@k do we not hear about people on GTS300s* (*insert any other modern scooter) with rubber press in valves also coming off? What can be so inherently wrong with the design of the rims (let's face it, they are inevitably ScootRS or the Sterling copies, 'cos that's all we've got) that it would casue this to happen?

(Getting a sore arm from flogging a dead horse).
thats easy becouse rim makers like grimeca(gts) know what there doing and they have the option to build a rim/hub around the valve if need, be geared scoot rims are limited by there size and fit there really isnt anywere to put a proper seat for the valve
also a gts uses a low profile tyre which is less likely to come of a rim than a lammy or vep one
heres a wheel of mine after hitting some metal banding pne nite at over 65mph scoot kept upright the split was over 50mm long and it was an instant deflation
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
dansuper
Main scooter: 1963 LI 185

Thanks shocky - I wonder if the SIP or BGM rims will have a flat seating surface for the valve? If not, surely they will be just as 'bad' as the others already on the market?

On another note - does anyone know if it's possible to remove / install new valves while the tyre is still on the rim (ScootRS tubeless)?

Cheers,

Dan
Muttley McLadd

Why doesn't anyone make a complete wheel, like on a bike or a modern moped, to fit a Lambretta?

The amount of effort that goes into making uber posh front hubs.. why not make a complete unit? The extra cash would be sheckles, wouldn't it?
A rear hub/rim as a complete unit would be a piece of p155, wouldn't it?
CakeAndArseParty
shocky

Muttley McLadd wrote:Why doesn't anyone make a complete wheel, like on a bike or a modern moped, to fit a Lambretta?

The amount of effort that goes into making uber posh front hubs.. why not make a complete unit? The extra cash would be sheckles, wouldn't it?
A rear hub/rim as a complete unit would be a piece of p155, wouldn't it?
DAC do one but its 11 inch i think
or theres this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAMBRETTA-TSR-CNC ... 440wt_1139
but still uses standard type rims
i think someone does a Grimeca front hub as well
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
mark

i think if there are enough enquiries about a 10" version dac might do one, toher wise if some one can draw a complete plan for one my nephew has just completed his cnc machinists apprenticeship and uni course as is wiling to have a go
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I saw these in Chiselspeed, one piece alloy with anti dive brake, they looked very nice but I didn't look closely at the valve.

I thought that Frank Sanderson at Lambretta Innovation did one but I couldn't find it on his website .......... FRANK!!!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information