tv200 barn find!!!!!!

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
ics13

Yeah, that's what I thought so too, but turns out it's a weird Li/TV clone job that was done over in the Philippines back in the 60's. The guy I bought it off of worked at a Lambretta dealership there after serving in the U.S, Air Force. It's an Li150 frame and cases that have been punched out to 200cc. It also has TV side panels and a strange brake pad hub that looks to be make to be accepted into disk links. The guy really had no idea that it's not a TV200. In his mind it was so I can fault him too badly. He listed it on Crigslist and I drove about 8 hours to get it, but hey it was cheap so oh well.

ics13

He also said it has a TV200 gear box and an extra tooth on the front sprocket that he made special.
vegansydney

That Lambretta Club of Philippines sticker is awesome!
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

What a find fella :D :D :D :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Danger
Main scooter: lambretta TV200

that looks like a pic of betty boop rusted into the side panel lol :D still not a bad find fella nice one :frog:
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Danger wrote:that looks like a pic of betty boop rusted into the side panel lol :D still not a bad find fella nice one :frog:
Good spot that :lol: :lol: took me ages :lol: :lol:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
shocky

the hub looks like a S2 tv175 type as it has a thin reinforcing boss (prone to snapping) which used links that look like TV/SX disc links
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Supereibar

that is very interesting! I would love to see how you progrees with it. The sticker is lovely. Also noted the american scooter sticker, the same one I had on my first scooter. Defo that scooter has been messed about and has seen a lot of life in the past. Very curious to see the interior. As Stevo pointed out, something is up with that hub as it seems a TV1 or TV2 hub.
ics13

Supereibar wrote:that is very interesting! I would love to see how you progrees with it. The sticker is lovely. Also noted the american scooter sticker, the same one I had on my first scooter. Defo that scooter has been messed about and has seen a lot of life in the past. Very curious to see the interior. As Stevo pointed out, something is up with that hub as it seems a TV1 or TV2 hub.

Yeah, the guy I got it off of was the original owner from when it was new. He brought it back with him when he came back to the States sometime back in the 60's. I'm going to split the cases some time next week to see what's going on inside. I'll keep you posted.
scooterslag

Love the sticker, be cool to have it remade, another sticker for my rustoration 8-)
The mack daddy on the left!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information