MARK CHRISTIES KWAK 500 S6

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
T5-190

Thanks guys, I did have a very big smile on my face. :D :D :D I did'nt expect it to start so easy, the decompessor works very well. But the kickstart will need a re model, I welded a 1/2" socket to the kickstart boss and a 1/2" extention bar to the kickstart itself. This then passes through a hole in the runner board, the bar is supported by a plate. But the square on the bar has started to twist and the bar is now banana shaped. So a good quality bar will be fitted.
T5-190

All this working away for a living is killing my shed time no end. I have now bought a very good quality Snap-on 1/2" extention bar and had the end parted off and machined down the correct o/d for the kickstart splines. I tig welded that back together last night. Also the support that the shaft goes through has had a complete remodel and has been beefed up too.

markwh45

now that is what i call a scoot, very well done on all the hard work you have put in when you have had the time
to do this. hope all goes well for the test ride mate good look :bigsm: :bigsm:
frank sanderson
Dealer

MARK WILL YOU BE AT IOW ? WILL BE ON CARPARK OUTSIDE CUSTOM SHOW ON SATURDAY WITH SCOMADI SCOOTS, IT WOULD BE GREAT IF ANY S5 OR S6 OWNERS BRING DOWN THERE SCOOTS AND WE CAN HAVE OUR OWN SHOW OUTSIDE !aLSO DO YOU MIND IF I PUT YOUR BUILD PICS ON WEBSITE www.lambrettainnovation.co.uk
T5-190

frank sanderson wrote:MARK WILL YOU BE AT IOW ? WILL BE ON CARPARK OUTSIDE CUSTOM SHOW ON SATURDAY WITH SCOMADI SCOOTS, IT WOULD BE GREAT IF ANY S5 OR S6 OWNERS BRING DOWN THERE SCOOTS AND WE CAN HAVE OUR OWN SHOW OUTSIDE !aLSO DO YOU MIND IF I PUT YOUR BUILD PICS ON WEBSITE http://www.lambrettainnovation.co.uk
Hi Frank, sadly I won't be at the IOW this year. I have work commitments to uphold. I would be honoured to have my build on your website Frank. I don't have long left on the build, but my work is getting in the way at the moment.
T5-190

A few more, and she is nearly there. Correct battery fitted, headset top fitted, speedo all working, ignition switch now working thanks to a little help from the kind folks on here, all lights working fine and the seat pad is on. Number plate and an MOT next. Should make a show at Warmwell I think.

Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Superb.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Diablo
Dealer

I go Warmwell every year so can't wait to see this in the flesh. Have to say if I wasn't going it would be worth it just for that.
Outstanding engineering in this scooter but it looks fantastic as well-Top Job!
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Got to agree with Al, its a credit to you Mark...very jealous indeed :evil: .. :D

Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
T5-190

Thanks guys, it has been a long slog really. Working away in the week is a real pain sometimes. Telling the Mrs your going in the shed all weekend after working away Mon-Fri is a hard pill to swallow hahaha.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information