Old Pics 1972-1973 Yorkshire

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Skar

Getting cabin fever here, bloody snow, so bored I was looking at old photo's and came across some from the early 70's, here are a few of them:

Me on my GP150, Spring Bank 1972. Picture taken by Pete Greenaway who I believe is still around (I saw a post from him in Scootering a few years ago anyway).

The first shield we made for Delta Scooter Club in 1972, this is on Pete Romak's SX200.

Bob Taylor on Paddy Rooneys GP150/ next to my GP150 in 1972.

Gary Jones's GP225 Electronic.

I must have thought I looked good at the time.....

We had a thing about hubcaps.....

My GP200 before I got the payout from some tw@7 writing off my GP175 in 1973.

When I got paid out it went to Lens in Shipley for a rebore to 225, some tuning and some nice Vespa paint.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Great pictures. That last scoot looks way ahead of it's time.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
high plains.......

great pics.... early 7ts scooter pics are great imho...... dont seem to see many of them.....wish id taken a few more from that era

black tape holding the air horn cannister on the crashbars..... brilliant :D

Cheers Geoff
TurboTrev

Great photos - wish I'd taken some when I had my GPs in the early 70s.
TheSeeker

Castrol GTX!!
mark-b
Main scooter: SIL GP190

Love the first picture, looking very cool - sod the health and safety! Did the girl stick around?

When I was about 18 I was towing a friend on her push bike (she held onto my shoulder) when she lost her balance and fell off, sustaining a few grazes and bruises. Her old man told me "never to bring that bloody scooter round here again". I dread to think of the reaction of the girl's (in the picture) dad if she have fallen off the back of your scoot, she looked happy though ;)
ts200

totally brilliant pics,
it's well rare you see photos from this era,
loads of mid 60's stuff and quite a lot of late 70's stuff,
but '67 - '77 is like a lost decade,
thanks for posting pictures.
Skar

Glad you liked them, there are some more (but not many) at http://tinypic.com/a/1j85t/2.
mark-b wrote:Love the first picture, looking very cool - sod the health and safety! Did the girl stick around?
I dread to think of the reaction of the girl's (in the picture) dad if she have fallen off the back of your scoot, she looked happy though ;)
Unfortunately yes she did, she's now my ex-wife and cost me a fortune! (and she did fall off, outside Morecambe Pleasure Beach, but that's another story...)
mark-b
Main scooter: SIL GP190

Skar wrote:Glad you liked them, there are some more (but not many) at http://tinypic.com/a/1j85t/2.
mark-b wrote:Love the first picture, looking very cool - sod the health and safety! Did the girl stick around?
I dread to think of the reaction of the girl's (in the picture) dad if she have fallen off the back of your scoot, she looked happy though ;)
Unfortunately yes she did, she's now my ex-wife and cost me a fortune! (and she did fall off, outside Morecambe Pleasure Beach, but that's another story...)
oops... sorry to hear that Skar
shocky

just wanna echo what others have said great pics form the early 7t,s the lost years as some say,i love the way everyone seemed to do there own paint and dress in there own way keep them coming
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information