Jaime, it wasn't a late Lynx, but I bought it anyway!

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Shortly to be covered over, and left until next year. Carb is a PHBL22, bored out to 24. As far as I know the engine is standard. Has been blown over and needs some welding to the panels and leggies.

Hope you like it, Jaime :D

Paul
Rui

The Lynx is slowly but surely getting the desirability factor it truly deserves, it certainly is the most comfortable Lambretta to ride ever.

NICE SCOOT........... 8-)
kejj

I certainly feel that I have to speed up my search for a Lynx.
My main problem is that they were never sold or imported to Sweden so I need to source one of germany or something.
To bad Italian and Spanish sellers barely speak english to close a deal.

I keep my hopes up though!

Nice one mate!
ducatiross

Rui wrote:The Lynx is slowly but surely getting the desirability factor it truly deserves, it certainly is the most comfortable Lambretta to ride ever.

NICE SCOOT........... 8-)
Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder as far as the Lynx goes - not wishing to cause anyone offence, but IMHO it was pig-ugly when it was new and it hasn't got any better with age (that front mudguard, that headset, THAT SEAT !) . I borrowed a new Lynx 125 from a friend 20-something years ago to take my motorbike test on and thought it was a really horrible thing - gutless, stodgy-handling and dreadful brakes.

But what do I know ? Thing is, if you love it, then that's all that matters.

Enjoy.

Matthew
storkfoot

ducatiross wrote:

Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder as far as the Lynx goes
Agreed. I happen to like all the features that others don't___indicators, bulbous headset, comfortable seat, plastic legshield toolbox, unique exhaust, and all the square fibreglass at the front :geek:

Engine wise, I seem to remember my old Jet 200 as being quite a torquey engine that was happy to sit at over 60. I'll be more than happy if this is the same :)
Supereibar

Holly smokes Paul! Did it came with that carb all the way from Spain? I'll be damned! Also, Saint Sebastian reg plate, you got Le creme de le creme mate... Congrats! You should be well chuffed :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers for the pictures,

Jaime

P.S: The lynx is an interesting scooter, regardless of its shape. Some of the features will never grow on me, like that horrendous headset, but some others are too cool for school, like the indicators, the mudguard and the sidepannel 200/150/125 sticker. Sooo eighties. Do you know that there are known to be produced about 10 different type of sidepannel stickers in different models, tones and colours?
storkfoot

I guessed it was probably San Sebastian. Seems to have been sold in Eibar though:

Yeah, the carb did come with it. The tea strainer is actually a genuine dell'orto part that screws onto the bellmouth. I'm tempted to try and set the PHBL up but with connecting the air bellows.

The scoot has actually got slightly different panels stickers, one with "Lambretta" on it, the other not.

A question, the flywheel is the Motoplat electronic with the 5 triangular cut outs. Does anyone sell a flywheel holding tool for this? Or, do you have to make one yourself?
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Hi.
Nice Lynx!
This Lambretta is from someone from Eibar.
I know this two shops.
Attachments
orbar.jpg
orbar.jpg (7.69 KiB) Viewed 3768 times
Supereibar

ArKaTxU wrote:Hi.
Nice Lynx!
This Lambretta is from someone from Eibar.
I know this two shops.

Juaaaa Arka, no me jodas que esta ha sido d quien tu y yo sabemos?????
Supereibar

Aparently there is also a MUTRIKU sticker on it right? Well, it is a nice little coastal town about 35km away from Eibar. ON the Eibar Lambretta Club run they do a nice Eibar-Mutriku rally every year. I did it this July, it was lovely.

J.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information