Check out the Targa Twin....

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Supereibar

I had a go (as well as Donlambretto) in the Milan, Novegro Fair and it was incredible, the power, the sound. It sounds like a big two stroke bike, like an RD300... Lets see if I hang up the video on Youtube.
Last edited by Supereibar on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supereibar

johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

I hate you jaime!!! ;)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Whats the gearing like? Seems to need mega revs when setting off??
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Supereibar

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:Whats the gearing like? Seems to need mega revs when setting off??
Wow... now you are good.... I have no idea, you need to ask Charlie about it. But my wild guess is that it needs to be a bit long gearing, due to the power output. Correct me if I am wrong.

;)
joespeed

i think he could be testing the fox hat clutch spider to see if it can stand the extra pot of power,the amount of slip it encountered setting off he will have to have spares or shares in 'foxhat' clutches,
a step in the right direction though,i tried to make a twin lambretta at secondary school but failed (no alloy welding facilities),
i still think the problem will be heat seizures, water cooling will i'm sure be a must .this is a problem that the japs have sorted with water cooling and further to advance this is the use of more and more 4 stroke motors in all their quick bikes!
best of luck
regards
joe
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Charlie tests pretty thoroughly mate. And knowing him well I will say that he's a perfectionist and would of looked at the cooling extensively and adjusted the ign,comp,squish,mix, port duration and importantly the designed pipe to keep this motor safe. He was probably using a tall first in that gearbox.
Listen at about 1.52 secs.. what a sound!

Last edited by tony on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
joespeed

tony,i'm not say who test what and how they go about it,what i am saying is ,ts'1, mugello's,rb's etc etc ,suffer from over heating from time to time ,we read on this forum about scooters nipping at not high speeds/revs,the answer is water cooling,mate!
regards
joe
that is why the serious racer opts for the water jacket.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

If those bikes are cooking then there is an issue somewhere. Air cooled motors shouldnt nip up if they are set up right. They will if they pic up dodgy fuel and thats a variable thats hard to check. Thats why racers (like myself) use avgas and build the motor around that.
Yes I agree that water cooling in 'better' but the brief here is aircooled as per the original twin design.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information