My First Lambretta Project

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Not normal dan
Main scooter: Scomadi/Li150

So I've recently joined the forum, introduced myself on my first thread.

Brief introduction really, I'm from Swadlincote in Derbyshire and I'm 28 time served mechanic and now working in Aerospace producing Rolls Royce engines.

So I'm fairly new to the scooter scene but family members have been into it since the 80's.

So went to a few doo's and bought a scomadi 125 enjoyed it and it got me out but it's since been replaced for a 300gts.

Back in February I went to see a local chap who imports scooters after being told about him by word of mouth and bought my first Lambretta.

It's a 1965 early Spanish Li (matching numbers). Main reason I bought it is because it pretty much complete so even if something is knackered I should be able to easily replace etc.

Anyway it was a few months till I picked it up; was busy with various other stuff cars, work and pets and hadn't made a space in the unit to work on it.

Anyway in between shifts at work I started to strip it down and slowly compile a list of parts I'll need etc and things I can repair.

On its home made work bench

Anyway it's now stripped and frame looks to be in pretty good shape minus the stand crossmember but I have a new one of them to fit from scooter restorations.

The stand is off to the blasters for cleaning and etch priming and then to be put on the jig along with the forks to check how true it is.

Got some plans for it, want to keep it quiet clean looking but with some nice modern touches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Nice project.

Try and use as much original stuff as you can - nothing else will fit quite like it. ;)
Did you have to do that?
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Great story and pictures , keep the updates and pictures coming :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Welcome Dan just thought I would let you know that I have a Spanish 68 li150 and at first started looking for Spanish parts witch there isn't any and then realised that all series 3 parts fit just the same good luck with the rebuild here's a couple of mine before and afterImageImage

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Welcome to the forum

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

I'll be watching this closely as I'm in the process of doing my first Italian lammy. Got the chrome ring out yesterday (bit tough !) Paint next...
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

+1 for Recover as much as possible.
Especially the screws for the headset-horncast-switch housing and legsheilds top hats as the remade ones don't fit right- clean-polish and a bit of clear lacquer to stop them rusting after they are fitted.
Good luck and enjoy.
Not normal dan

Cheers guys, I'm definitely trying to recover and reuse as much as possible as it's always going to be better.

I'm quite fortunate as the unit I use is my aunties scaffold company and pretty much everyone who works for her is into there scoots so plenty of help and advice on hand!

Went to strip the forks today, one side can't to pieces piece of the cake the other the bolt is stuck, it's spins freely so I can only assume it's seized in the little bush so to speak.

hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

If you've got a vice use it to press it out. Put a socket over the bolt head and try to use the vice to press it into the socket; if you know what i mean. Often works but often doesn't.

Next option is to take it to someone with a hydraulic press.
Not normal dan

Not normal dan wrote:Cheers guys, I'm definitely trying to recover and reuse as much as possible as it's always going to be better.

I'm quite fortunate as the unit I use is my aunties scaffold company and pretty much everyone who works for her is into there scoots so plenty of help and advice on hand!

Went to strip the forks today, one side can't to pieces piece of the cake the other the bolt is stuck, it's spins freely so I can only assume it's seized in the little bush so to speak.

I've left it soaking overnight and I'll try it in the vice failing that the press at work.

I was half tempted to try and warm it up too

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information