My First Lambretta Project

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
fluff34567

Had exactly the same.. forks in a vice then use a pin punch and it should come out with a tiny bit of persuasion.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Don't bother trying to warm it. You'll just waste gas or electricity; the part you want to heat is so far behind other parts that it doesn't help in this particular case. In fact you're more likely to heat the bolt and make it even tighter! Soaking has little effect either as the Bush is comparitively long so the diesel or whatever has a very long way to penetrate before it helps. If it doesn't come out with a drift or vice then a press will shift it.

Or you could butcher it.
Not normal dan
Main scooter: Scomadi/Li150

So quick update after my last post, got the stubborn bolt out the forks with a good couple of blows with the hammer and punch so that's that.

Got the frame full stripped, so all the fork upper and lower bearing seats and chrome ring out and the lower bearing seat off the forks, little bit of heat and a few love taps.

The frame has just come back from the blasting, came up really good.

Frame and forks done by dumelows in burton on Trent, came back in really good nick and really pleased with them.

Just a new cross member to weld on and the little hole to weld up where there's been a locking ring welded on which I've now removed but I presume they blew through originally when welding it maybe on too high power etc.

Bought a few goodies from Llandudno BSRA national rally the other week, some of them being some nice tubeless SIP satin black rims

Going to mount some nice Dunlop scootsmarts to them when the times right as I love them on my GTS.

Also picked up a couple of new rear panels, as my scooter had a mix of Li and Li special panels. There original and in good shape, one just has a seized handle in which I'll take care of.

Bought a new PC now so expect more frequent updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fluff34567

Hi Dan, photobucket has blocked linking so we can't see your photos. :(
Not normal dan
Main scooter: Scomadi/Li150

fluff34567 wrote:Hi Dan, photobucket has blocked linking so we can't see your photos. :(
I'll sort it mate Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information