GP bitsa from whats on my shelves

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

built up a GP with a very limited budget of 500 quid from bits in my garage id horded or was never going to use. managed to get it finally done for 800 quid. cables,bearings,seals,tyres,brake pads,nuts,bolts and clips were a dear do in the end. fortunately im happy with a 150cc 5000 mile genuine gp barrel mated to a sx200 gearing set up,30mm dell#'orto (only delly carb i had besides a 20mm sx150 ones or 22mm spaco) and a big bore. its sounds like it just should work but it goes like stink in 1st/2nd/3rd and 4th is more like an overdrive.im actually well pleased with my new scrapper and its tatty"lean it on a fence paint job and look forward to not worrying about stone chips,dents or dirt. its happyly starting first kick at the moment and running claen as a whistle, it will only go tits up when it finds a deserted road in nowheresville while its raining,it should be campagaing at Lincoln and giving my regular rally bike a rest after 25 years service.
...and yes the stand is attached with a bungay and the carb is for show not go but this bike hasnt moved on from the 80's like its owner.
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
alcoholic maniacs sc

alcoholic maniacs sc

oo found a shot of her arse with the Nom de Guerre "simmer down". my favourite ska toon.
high plains.......

Nice GP, done on the cheap as you say.

Looking at it from the front,it has a bit of a look like the ......Superfly GP........ from the mid to late 1970s

Cheers
Geoff
db67

Nice work mate ! very 80's ! you've done a great job ! :) db67
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

I love this.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
scooterslag

Very cool ride indeed and nice to know you didn't have to spend a kings ransom on it, good to have you back on the forum AM, always enjoyed your slightly surreal take on the scooter scene :D
The mack daddy on the left!
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Great Job :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
alcoholic maniacs sc

i have a soft spot for the era of rattle can painted gold forks,the ultimate signature of YTS/Dole budget bling.never see the gold paint lockup look anymore.tracking down a set of sundance rear folding footpegs instead of rear runner boards. i dont know about other people riding with a snett but the front end is really light on cornering and the wheel skips. when i hit roundabouts hard i need more front wheel traction to carry corner speed. if i keep my feet back on pegs i can grip the body with my legs and shift my weight forward to the airscoop. never understood how people can ride hard on a bike with their feet forward on the leggies. i hate being passed and this 150 iron barrel has a disability chariot chasing horsepower dyno graph. its only hope is balls out and forget the brakes.
alcoholic maniacs sc

this is my 86/87 season bike and the reason i put this together, an old iron barrel shitter that did a rally on a minimum of 3 heat siezures, took me to work on monday and give a couple of years worth of birds a lift back to my flat from the boozer for a fettlin. got some great polaroid photos of 80's scooter trash and skinhead birds with monster thatches that had graced that snett. id need a f****n Ferrari to get that kind of action now!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information