Newbie Li restoration

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Mariner
Main scooter: Li125 series 3

hendy wrote:I'm with daggs. Very pretty scooter, I love the simplicity of the li s3 and it's what I have lined up for my next project.

But I'm not feeling that seat, man. Reminds me of a custom Lambretta from the 80s which I think was called 'lay lady lay'.
What is it about the seat? Colour? Shape? Both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

I think you've made a smashing job of the restoration,very very nice! And unlike the others I like the seat.

My advice is learn to ride it, and enjoy it.

Cgt75b.............................. :D
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Mariner wrote:
hendy wrote:I'm with daggs. Very pretty scooter, I love the simplicity of the li s3 and it's what I have lined up for my next project.

But I'm not feeling that seat, man. Reminds me of a custom Lambretta from the 80s which I think was called 'lay lady lay'.
What is it about the seat? Colour? Shape? Both?

It's your seat, so if you like it, that's what matters. Personally I don't think it suits the classic style of your scooter, but as seen in the previous post someone disagrees with me.

Just enjoy it and don't worry too much about what others think.

Tbh I feel like a bit of a dick for criticising it now. :oops:
Mariner

Don't be daft mate everyone has different tastes and opinions. I do like it. Can't wait to get out on it for the first time tomorrow fingers crossed it stays dry!!

Mariner

cgt75b wrote:I think you've made a smashing job of the restoration,very very nice! And unlike the others I like the seat.

My advice is learn to ride it, and enjoy it.

Cgt75b.............................. :D
Cheers!! Absolutely going out early in the morning to avoid the traffic!

ducksta

Agree don't like seat but classy scoot well done
live life your a long time dead
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Mariner wrote:Don't be daft mate everyone has different tastes and opinions. I do like it. Can't wait to get out on it for the first time tomorrow fingers crossed it stays dry!!

If you've ridden anything produced since about 1980, prepare yourself for a shock when you reach for the front brake.......I nearly pooped me pants when I rode my on the road for the first time!
Mariner

hendy wrote:
Mariner wrote:Don't be daft mate everyone has different tastes and opinions. I do like it. Can't wait to get out on it for the first time tomorrow fingers crossed it stays dry!!

If you've ridden anything produced since about 1980, prepare yourself for a shock when you reach for the front brake.......I nearly pooped me pants when I rode my on the road for the first time!
Haha I know what you mean! I've been round a car park on it a few times, I'm taking it on some quiet roads to start with!

ducksta

So that's why the seats brown you not been on the road yet lol good luck remember yes he is going to pull out on you ride safe
live life your a long time dead
Mariner

Hahaha! Well the first ride on the whole went alright. It did cut out twice and struggled to start again but maybe I pushed it a bit to hard for a new engine! Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Hooked!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information