latest project

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
duffman
noob

My latest project. It is an imported early p200e non indicator. I bought it in bits and have had it sprayed and re built. The only problem I had was with the engine. I have not seen a stator or wiring like it. It turns out it was a spanish rally 200 femsatronic engine. So I replaced the crank, casing, stator and flywheel with that from a p2. As I write this I cant get a spark hopefully I will have i up and running soon though.
Attachments
DSCF1011.JPG
DSCF1008.JPG
DSCF1007.JPG
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Nice. These Spanish spec P ranges are all too rare in the UK.
Martin
Supereibar

I see them a dime a dozen around these parts... Maybe you boys oughta get over here and take them all :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
d2c

Woot! that white and green stripe is hot! :D
soullad
Dealer

The earliest Spanish P ranges did come with Rally type headsets and sidepanels, and the newer P range parts were phased in as supplies dictated i guess.
However as duffman points out the electrics on these early models can be a stumbling block to anyone running them. You need to be aware that those with engine numbers prefixed by DS commonly have the femsa type ignition and also therefore unique sidecasing, crank, stator and flywheel, cdi etc. -which all have to be changed if you want to run a modern ducati style of ignition.
Look out for engine prefixes DN onwards, these are fine and run compatible ignition systems to modern Italian P ranges. ;) ;)
Jaime is correct in saying that there are a fair few still knocking around in his native land...mainly as everyday workhorses, delivery scoots etc etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information