New project.

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Rs fruitbat wrote:At this rate it'll soon be finished :o good work mate ;)
It shouldn't take long as I'm doing 99% of the work myself, so I'm not reliant on others. I've shipped out the frame, side panels and legshields to be blasted, as they wont fit in my blast cabinet. Everything else I can do myself though. I'm hoping to have it all complete in another 3 to 4 weeks.
T5-190 wrote:Very nice work indeed. I like the headset repair, chemical repair is under rated. We glue F1 car parts together, a lot stronger than weld in that situation. Keep the pictures coming.
I'm very pleased with the repair. It's really strong and you can't tell it's been repaired. It was worth doing, as it's an Italian one, so it's a nice fit. I'm hoping to do a bit more painting tomorrow. I'll keep you all updated. Cheers Pete.
10 inch Terror

The Indian casing I'm using is as rough as you like. I plated over all the gasket faces and popped it in my blast cabinet. Once blasted it was a lot better. A quick prime top coat and several layers of lacquer it looks a lot better.
Once it's had 48 hours to dry I'll start building the motor up. More pictures to follow.
10 inch Terror

Rear and front hubs painted today.
10 inch Terror

I've managed to get a few days in the shed, so I've started putting the motor together. The crank was an absolute pig to get the inner track bearing on, even with 3 days in the freezer, and a blow torch! Other than that it all went together smoothly.

I modified the side casing and fitted an LI ramp, rather than the end plate ramp. This is a very worthwhile modification and well worth doing. It only takes 15 minutes to do.

More pictures, as I progress.
10 inch Terror

I've now built the engine. The GT top end was a treat to put together with Rich T supplying plenty of various thickness gaskets to help set a squish of 1.2mm.
I've also painted the forks and fork links and assembled and fitted the front hub. As I used all the original cleaned up parts ( apart from fork internals ) both went together very easily.
More pictures to follow as I start the frame and bodywork. Cheers Pete.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

hi 10inch i think i would put a tab washer on the pull down tensioner just to make sure
10 inch Terror

garry inglis wrote:hi 10inch i think i would put a tab washer on the pull down tensioner just to make sure
Before I close the casing up, I did remove the bottom screw and fitted a loctited stud and nyloc nut. Cheers mate.
10 inch Terror

I've managed to get a few more bits painted over the weekend. The frame, toolbox door and side panels. I'll give it 48 hours and mop polish it all. I'm getting there now.
More pictures as I progress.
Rs fruitbat

I love the colour , should look sweet when all done :)
Padge
Main scooter: 1969 Lambretta gp

is it proper lechler 8016 turchese ?
bet the kids love you, looks like you broke the goal posts hanging yer parts on it !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information