New project.

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Padge wrote:is it proper lechler 8016 turchese ?
bet the kids love you, looks like you broke the goal posts hanging yer parts on it !
Yes Lecher 8016 from Lambretta Paints. The sunlight makes it look very dark in some pictures and very light in others. Oh and I broke the goal doing the crossbar challenge with my Grandson....it's only good for drying painted parts off now.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Hi 10inch how did you find the crank to fit did you have to work on the casing or was it a straight fit i am guessing you got the 60x110 and how Mutch was it
10 inch Terror

garry inglis wrote:Hi 10inch how did you find the crank to fit did you have to work on the casing or was it a straight fit i am guessing you got the 60x110 and how Mutch was it
Yes mate it's a 60 X 110 crank. It was a straight fit with packers with no casing mods required. I must be honest though the inner race was a pig to get on. I had the crank in the freezer for 3 days and heated the race with a blow lamp but it still needed some persuasion to go fully home. It was £240 from Rich T.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Sounds similar to my experience, I had frozen the GT crank for days and the inner race took more effort to get on than I expected. Nothing wrong, just a good tight fit, held the fly side Web in a wooden workmate.
10 inch Terror

GeorgeS wrote:Sounds similar to my experience, I had frozen the GT crank for days and the inner race took more effort to get on than I expected. Nothing wrong, just a good tight fit, held the fly side Web in a wooden workmate.
Yes, 5th or 6th crank / engine I've put together. It was definitely the tightest fit. The AF and BGM cranks I've used before only needed a quick go in the freezer and a quick blow over with a blow lamp and the tracks slipped on without any persuasion. A very well made crank though.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Agree with you there, these GT cranks really are a work of art, great finish.

I put a dial gauge on mine after fitting and took some rough readings. It read 0.01mm (0.0004") runout at the tip of the flywheel taper and 0.005mm (0.0002") on the drive side.
10 inch Terror

A few more of the finished frame and left hand side panel. They just need another 24 hours drying time and I can mop polish it all. I've just the legshields and rear runners to paint and I can start re assembling it all.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

A really nice bit of work there!
I take it you are (re?) fitting indicators?

I notice some holes have been left in panels/horncast.
10 inch Terror

timexit17 wrote:A really nice bit of work there!
I take it you are (re?) fitting indicators?

I notice some holes have been left in panels/horncast.
Thank you. I'm not re fitting the indicators as I don't like the look of them. The holes are for small round reflectors that were standard issue on this model. If the new owner wants to fit indicators it will be an easy enough job to do ( although I'm leaning towards keeping it .)
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Ah yes- I see it now.

The indicators on your model would've been stalks off the headset anyway (I recall Adams Vijay as an example).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information