Powder coat

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
lou

Hi all
Has anyone got some pics of there scoot that's been power coated all over?
Thinking to get my S2 , if there pleased with it ?

Cheers
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Think you will be limited in response. Every scooter I have owned has had a dint or two in making powder coating not a option
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

My mates just had his scoot blasted and powder coated (2 colours). From a couple of yards away it looks good, but up close you can see the little imperfections. He paid about £300 for the full job (blasting and coating) and for anyone on a budget it's maybe not a bad option. I'll try and get some pic's
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The main danger with powder coat is that you get any moisture underneath it and the inside can rot away and you've no idea till its dust.

Done properly on steel or iron it can last for years but the finish isn't show winning standard any imperfections will show.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
jazzyb

I've had many a frame done and internals and well pleased with the finish the guy is a old scooteriest and understands about these old shopping bikes 8-)
lou

mick1 wrote:My mates just had his scoot blasted and powder coated (2 colours). From a couple of yards away it looks good, but up close you can see the little imperfections. He paid about £300 for the full job (blasting and coating) and for anyone on a budget it's maybe not a bad option. I'll try and get some pic's
Hi thanks all for response, some pics would be good if anyone has any cheers
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

you can wet flat and polish it but its damn hard work
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
jonzo172

Don't know whether this helps but mine is fully powder coated except the fibreglass front mudguard which is wet sprayed and rear panels which are also wet sprayed over red powder coat.

T5-190

Nice looking scoot matey, gold rims are a nice touch too.
jonzo172

Cheers... for me, the powder coat provides a weatherproof, robust and durable coating on a scoot that is meant to used in all weathers. The rims are laser cut aluminium and used widely in BSSO racing because they are true, lightweight and hence improve suspension action and feel.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information