GP 125 - TS1 engine. Fully rebuild

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Your certainly cracking on mate , once you start getting the bits back it drives you on looking good so far :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
FraH2O

This past week we finished the ts1 engine of my friend's rat project

My ts1: check the disc with caliper

Close the fork with new bits and my taffspeed springs

Front wheel looks good on fork. :D
Just wait new front absorber and michelin S1 tyre

FraH2O

Still wait to finish rat project of my friend....maybe i could start assembly my gp...

FraH2O

Took the last parts

Cnc gear selector and new outboard front absorber

onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

FraH2O wrote:This past week we finished the ts1 engine of my friend's rat project
I'm a dunce. What pipe is this?
FraH2O

onthelam wrote:
FraH2O wrote:This past week we finished the ts1 engine of my friend's rat project
I'm a dunce. What pipe is this?
It's an italian replica of fat mamba...this is ts1 engine of my friend.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

FraH2O wrote:
Knowledge wrote:The petrol tank looks very familiar. The welding looks like the tanks I used to make, about 20 years ago.
I bought (my father) 2 of these about 20 years ago from GB.

Now is at workshop to clean the welding and repaint. Always love the original tank shape
The tank looks better for a clean-up. They were a pain to make, but they were the only ones on the market at the time. They were all tested for leaks before they left me, even if the welding wasn't pretty.

If you want to retest the tank for leaks (ideally before painting) then fit the petrol tap and turn it off. Then cut around the valve of an old inner tube from a tyre and fix this over the filler hole of the petrol tank using a jubilee clip. Next use a pump to put a bit of air into the tank, and use a paint brush to apply a mixture of water and domestic detergent around the joins. If you see bubbles (and they can be tiny bubbles) then the tank has a leak.

I hope others find this information useful.

Are you visiting Eurolambretta at Ebensee in June, Fra?
Martin
chris37
Main scooter: gp200

Neat looking dampers. Where are they from?
FraH2O

Knowledge wrote:
FraH2O wrote:
Knowledge wrote:The petrol tank looks very familiar. The welding looks like the tanks I used to make, about 20 years ago.
I bought (my father) 2 of these about 20 years ago from GB.

Now is at workshop to clean the welding and repaint. Always love the original tank shape
The tank looks better for a clean-up. They were a pain to make, but they were the only ones on the market at the time. They were all tested for leaks before they left me, even if the welding wasn't pretty.

If you want to retest the tank for leaks (ideally before painting) then fit the petrol tap and turn it off. Then cut around the valve of an old inner tube from a tyre and fix this over the filler hole of the petrol tank using a jubilee clip. Next use a pump to put a bit of air into the tank, and use a paint brush to apply a mixture of water and domestic detergent around the joins. If you see bubbles (and they can be tiny bubbles) then the tank has a leak.

I hope others find this information useful.

Are you visiting Eurolambretta at Ebensee in June, Fra?
Great infos, but your tank is still perfect fron 17 years ago. No one leak, no problem....just a little lifting, but always tested and run good! :D

I hope to be in Ebensee....but i think never finish my project.... Before there's the mk1 rat ts1 of my friend :(
I try...but it's very hard...
Last edited by FraH2O on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FraH2O

chris37 wrote:Neat looking dampers. Where are they from?
You can find it on www.mitolambretta.it ;)

I
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information