GUY SWINNERTONS 350 YAM S6 SX STYLE

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Richjak

I am sitting here drooling.

I have checkedk the website out and want to just ask:

What is the reason for keeping the pipes so tight to the panels why not flare them a bit was this for the sake of keeping it looking original ?

What is the purpose of the wide body kit when it all seems to fit so sweet under there?

I especially like toads black SX on the site. What would it cost to build something like this ??

Thanks
BOTAK ITU INDAH.
ics13

Richjak wrote:I am sitting here drooling.

I have checkedk the website out and want to just ask:

What is the reason for keeping the pipes so tight to the panels why not flare them a bit was this for the sake of keeping it looking original ?

What is the purpose of the wide body kit when it all seems to fit so sweet under there?

I especially like toads black SX on the site. What would it cost to build something like this ??

Thanks
I like the one I did so much so, I decided to start the build of a second one. In my case I wanted a more stock look so I'm doing a wide body to hide the sides of the RZ engine (clutch side stuck out and panel had to be cut around it on the first one) and to be able to fit a larger fuel tank. I do love the look of the first one, but like I said this next one is going to be a sleeper.
dunf

stevie wrote:IT TRULY is a work of art frank well done 8-) but if the guy wants to go fast why no just buy an R1 :roll: :?:
do people realise the R1 is the cheaper of the two options? My series 6 weighed in eventually at over £9k. easy. I could've picked any of the jap litre bikes for that. But there's only one of mine (i think no-one else has a series 6 cutdown yet?)
Also there's a few comments on performance here. Mine isn't a 350 RD, its a 250 YZ, but its not much slower. I've had a genuine ton from it on digi speedo, but could do it much easier by making gearing taller (but accellaration is ssooooo good as is) although it takes a bit of hanging on at that speed on 10" rims. I reckon it is gotta be in the top percent of fastest scooters going about, but btw, there is absolutely no way it could be compared to an R1. I mean c'mon - i've ridden both, anyone else know how ridiculous the comparison is lol?

I reckon the scoot could 'live' with and probably beat most fast cars (up to about 85mph), harleys, cruisers, etc. But even wee bikes can be rapid (anyone thrashed an aprilia rs250?), it wont touch 600's and forget about the big boys.

you wont regret it though if you are after a very fast scooter, not a slow bike.
shamrockexpress

dunf wrote:
stevie wrote:IT TRULY is a work of art frank well done 8-) but if the guy wants to go fast why no just buy an R1 :roll: :?:
do people realise the R1 is the cheaper of the two options? My series 6 weighed in eventually at over £9k. easy. I could've picked any of the jap litre bikes for that. But there's only one of mine (i think no-one else has a series 6 cutdown yet?)
Also there's a few comments on performance here. Mine isn't a 350 RD, its a 250 YZ, but its not much slower. I've had a genuine ton from it on digi speedo, but could do it much easier by making gearing taller (but accellaration is ssooooo good as is) although it takes a bit of hanging on at that speed on 10" rims. I reckon it is gotta be in the top percent of fastest scooters going about, but btw, there is absolutely no way it could be compared to an R1. I mean c'mon - i've ridden both, anyone else know how ridiculous the comparison is lol?

I reckon the scoot could 'live' with and probably beat most fast cars (up to about 85mph), harleys, cruisers, etc. But even wee bikes can be rapid (anyone thrashed an aprilia rs250?), it wont touch 600's and forget about the big boys.

you wont regret it though if you are after a very fast scooter, not a slow bike.
I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPORTS BIKES AND SCOOTERS ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS, I,VE OWNED AN RS250 APRILLIA,RG250 SUZUKI, RD500 YAM, ZX9R KWAK,and on the other hand GROUP 5 RACER, KEGRA 235 REED VALVE GP, MB 225 SUZUKI STREETRACER, 210 VESPA and not one of these scoots compare in performance to the bikes i,ve mentioned,,, SO TTHIS POST IS FOR THE BENEFIT OF ANYONE GETTING A HIGH PERFORMANCE TUNED SCOOTER WHO HASNT HAD A SPORTS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Beleive me when you take off from the lights beside a sports bike dont attempt a race unless you want to embarress yourself,,,,,,,,i did before i got bikes :roll:
paulc

& remember not to wang the throttle open like you would on a scoot (ask me how i know :roll: )
guyswinnerton

Went to the IOW rally this year accompanied by my mate who was on his R6. Clocked me at 104mph on the A3 according to both my own and the R6's speedo. It still had a bit left but not much! Smiled most when passing an interesting collections of lights and mirrors, several groups and several times! Oh yes, the guy on his Monster looked pretty surprised too! I've ridden lots of fast bikes before, incl. an R1, this is not as fast of course but feels faster!?!? It's still a scooter and love being part of the scene, always have. The curse lives on!
Rui

guyswinnerton wrote:Went to the IOW rally this year accompanied by my mate who was on his R6. Clocked me at 104mph on the A3 according to both my own and the R6's speedo. It still had a bit left but not much! Smiled most when passing an interesting collections of lights and mirrors, several groups and several times! Oh yes, the guy on his Monster looked pretty surprised too! I've ridden lots of fast bikes before, incl. an R1, this is not as fast of course but feels faster!?!? It's still a scooter and love being part of the scene, always have. The curse lives on!
Only 104mph and how much did you pay for it........my scoot will be doing over 500mph when we both fly over to Spain and it is still standard engine with no modification. :frog:
guyswinnerton

Flying to Spain...I wanna come! :bouncyeng:
Rui

Hi Guy, can you call me when ever can as I have lost all my tel contacts..

I would love to do the Highrollers weekend in Vegas and also take my scoot along with me, for those who always like to ride to rallies and don't like the Van/trailer crew, I would love to see you ride to this Rally...... :frog:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information