New Project: Northern Scum Bitsa

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Dell Oughta

Here's my new project

Series 1/2 (I have no idea what it is manufactured in 1959, can find anything of this era with these numbers....any how it has V5 so I'm happy)

Going to be made up of a new TS1 225, 30mm carb, JL4 Snail Pipe that I have from my other scoot, standard GP200 gear box, 5 plate clutch.

GRP Panels all round, Spanish style mudguard

motor cycle drop bars (seen these on few now and I think they look mint)

Paint wise I like the fiat 500 arbarth 'Campovolo' grey with some sign writing on the panels

Front outboard disk, gas front dampers

The first cut is the deepest

Blasted and powder coat primer, looks mint

GRP Panels

Mike
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Looks a very nice project what was you cutting off ?
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Dell Oughta

battery tray....fitting a Diablo tank
Dell Oughta

Did a test fit of bars at the weekend (sorry for s**t pics), need the panels etc before final fit to ensure I have clearance, cable routing etc.

Going to trim the plate down, as I don't need to mount a headlight on it

Bought most of the bits from beedspeed, 2nd hand brake master cylinder from a bike place (startright, leeds) a few cable bits n bobs from venhill, a horn main/dip switch that can be mounted on the bars from an old school motorcycle shop.

Found a perfect piece of steel that I can mount under the plate that'll hide the cables etc as they go through the chrome ring, the cables are gonna be a pain in the arse in terms of aesthetics, but overall I like the look so far.

Mke
Dell Oughta

The GRP panels arrived today, I've offered them up against the frame and they fit...which is nice :-) really good finish on them. The bars (although not fitted/finished fully yet) will clear the panels. Just need some time to sort the forks out for the mudguard. The couple of areas that require fixings (horncast), I'm going to araldite stainless threaded rivets to the fixing areas (jobs a good un) :-)

gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

looks good, keep the pics coming.
Dell Oughta

Had some time today to attempt to fit the mudguard...bit of a puzzle as I've never seen one in the nude! so to speak, anyway managed it gonna tack the locating ring to the forks when I get the damper brackets etc welded on.

Also done a little more work on the headset / bars and have decided that that beedspeed plate isn't going to work with the piece of metal lid thingy that I have in mind, to hide the cables going down the between the leg shields and panels, so I may be ditching it and using something else.

Mike
carlos fandango

Looking good Mike and it looks like an S1 frame to me :) judging by the horncast/legshields bracket :)
Heres what i did for my bars
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
thebassmasta
Main scooter: GP TS1 240

are those panels from chris at GRP Leicester?
Dell Oughta

carlos fandango wrote:Looking good Mike and it looks like an S1 frame to me :) judging by the horncast/legshields bracket :)
Heres what i did for my bars
Mr Fandango
Yours was one of the scoots that influenced me on changing headsets, I had a peak at your photobucket / build pics (very good, love the paint). I have found a gear shifter with elbows built in, although the internals are plastic so I'm not sure if there up to lambretta abuse...if not I'll buy an ally one like yours.

These pics show sort of what I'm trying achieve

The position of the lid that's under the clamp may move further forward, but I've withheld from cutting it yet as I don't have a chrome disc yet to centre it on.

Cheers
Mike
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information