Ldi or should that be Lid ?

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
T5-190

Looking good matey, keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming.
carlos fandango

Heres a further update

Now trying to sort the front end out and more trial and error :)
And im quite pleased how its sitting and looking

Not to sure if im going to use the headset/cover ??

Ive been fighting to get the loop and other thing to line up with the tube from the start, id get one part straight and another area was off. The more i looked at it, and eyed it up, i had a suspicion that the tube was bent :?
So a trip up to Gran Sport and on their jig, and the conclusion was that the tube was quite severely bent, from infront of the stand strut :( looks like it had had a smack from the l/h side, pushing the tube to the right and the steering column to the left :cry: Not an easy repair, but can be done .
Im now just waiting to get it back, before i can do anymore.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Mr Fandango. If you need a frame straightening in future I have a friend in Tewksbury who has a frame jig and could probably sort you out. He's done a couple for me.
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

thats sitting very nicely, well done ,
carlos fandango

Doom Patrol wrote:Mr Fandango. If you need a frame straightening in future I have a friend in Tewksbury who has a frame jig and could probably sort you out. He's done a couple for me.
Is that JBW ? i have his card, its just GS is a lot closer to me :)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

carlos fandango wrote:
Doom Patrol wrote:Mr Fandango. If you need a frame straightening in future I have a friend in Tewksbury who has a frame jig and could probably sort you out. He's done a couple for me.
Is that JBW ? i have his card, its just GS is a lot closer to me :)
That's the one. Spoilt for choice. :D
lockman69

Looking good Russ....
carlos fandango

Well its been a while , i got the frame back about three weeks ago, but then my panel beater/fabricator went AWOL :? and i haven't been able to get hold of him :( So there was no option, but to get the MIG out and have ago myself :) .....well whats the worse that can happen ?....... and ive got a grinder to "adjust" any mistakes !

WARNING ! if your a Welder, and of a "nervous disposition" you may want to look away now ! :shock: :lol:

So the first job was to weld up the cut out for the shocker.

Next was a back light, i had an LED light so just needed a housing for it.
Cut out.
And welded it
Ive shaped it a little , but not finished yet
Next up was a cut out for the kickstart, cut out and rolled under.
eden
Dealer

common Russ get a move on man... what motor you putting in it?
looking forward to having a blast on that. :D
carlos fandango

dunno yet i havent thought that far ahead, i sort of started it by accident ,because i was bored ! :)
Ill prob use an engine out of one of my others ? I might even go to Austria on it ? you can have a go then .......... :D
I havent even thought of a finish yet , but quite looking forward to riding it myself :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information