Ldi or should that be Lid ?

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
carlos fandango

gerryjunior wrote:looking good , trial and error i found,
Hi Gerryjunior,yep plenty of trial and error :D

Did you use the front part of the LD frame tube ?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
carlos fandango

Mr G in NYC wrote:Should be a ...... LOW RIDER.........U gonna slap some
neon lights under it ? once done .....? Looks Fab 8-) G 8-) .
NEON ?? its all LEDs now ! :D .......not to sure how i want it to look in the end ? dont think ill be able to lower it much more though :shock:
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

no mine's a gp frame , i did try marrying a series 3 back end with the ld front , i still have it , but i wasnt happy with it, i wanted 10" wheels and a disc front so it made more sense to use gp with gp forks..
carlos fandango

gerryjunior wrote:no mine's a gp frame , i did try marrying a series 3 back end with the ld front , i still have it , but i wasnt happy with it, i wanted 10" wheels and a disc front so it made more sense to use gp with gp forks..
Just had another look at your Ld ish thread i see you used s1/2 leggies and footboards, thats cheating ! lol :D
carlos fandango

Getting the loop into a good position and with the clearance for the top shock mount is the first problem.

The next consideration is the legshields, in relationship to the loop. Most conversions ive seen use a fabricated bridge piece, i wanted to try and do it as the ld was done, without . The loop needed cutting

and leg shields needs altering and extended a little.

Interestingly , well at least to me :) the holes in the ld leggies line up with the (in my case ) S2 floor struts :D

Most people ive talked too have used an Ld tube forward of the bridge area, i couldnt understand why ? plus its easier (for me) to use a "normal" tube..... Perhaps its because the angles are slightly different ? a few cuts seemed to make them fit.

Once i got the leggies positioned i could level the loop up and tack it on :)

WARNING !!! dont look at my welding ! ...as you may have noticed from the surroundings in the pics , wood is my material :D not metal ....ill get a professional to weld it up properly :)

gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

yes i cheated :D , i had the series 2 stuff in the hedge behind my garage so i used what i had..ld hornncover took a lot of grinding to fit ,, yours is coming along nicely..
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Carlos
Nice project I am considering a similar project.
Am i right in thinking you have welded a LD loop onto a series 2 frame?

Robbie
dom

What is that blue head and barrel ? :-)
carlos fandango

dom wrote:What is that blue head and barrel ? :-)
It came like that , with an S1 i bought ? apparently it was rebuilt by WS9 ?
carlos fandango

wrecklessrobbie wrote:Carlos
Nice project I am considering a similar project.
Am i right in thinking you have welded a LD loop onto a series 2 frame?

Robbie
Yep S2 frame and LD bodywork :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information