Ldi or should that be Lid ?

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
carlos fandango

Well time for a winter project :)

I brought a basket case LD 57 80% complete about 4 years ago with the intention of putting a Cagiva mito / RS125 engine in it. unfortunately the very next day i came off on the way to work on some diesel and tore a ligament off my thumb :( which meant three month off work and the project got shelved.

In the last four years i decided the bike engined conversion was probably beyond my skill level :) and thought id settle on a "normal" S1,2,3, engine.
I got the tube off a friend who was restoring an S2 and needed a new loop .

So out with the grinder :evil:
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
carlos fandango

Ok not to sure if anyone is interested ? so ill carry on regardless :D
So this was the first fit ,and just trying to decide where to cut. This is/was a mk3 57 model and has a tool box in the back, and i decided i wanted to try and keep it if possible . It would of been a lot easier to cut it out ! but, hey, who want easy :D
so out with the grinder again.
and its getting nearer .
I had to make up a shroud to go around the shocker and seal the tool bxo up, as you can see , i initially cut a little to much out to start with :oops: but that can be welded back in :)
The shocker top mount is a problem area , as really the loop needs to go lower , but would mean cutting the loop around the shocker , but thats no good, so a few hours of trial and error, and head scratching to decide on the best position .
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Keep posting, I love seeing the engineering involved in these one off creations.
Blue cylinder?
carlos fandango

Well blue is a cold colour, so i thought it would help with the cooling ? lol ...................not really, the engine came like it ? :?
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Should be a ...... LOW RIDER.........U gonna slap some
neon lights under it ? once done .....? Looks Fab 8-) G 8-) .
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Keep pics coming I really admire these well engineered projects
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

looking good , trial and error i found,
Hong Kong Phooey
Main scooter: Li Special TS1230

You don't do simple do you Russ. Looking good, love the shape of the LD but don't like the speed. This will be the best of both worlds, keep up the good work. :)
a.j

'' tore a ligament off my thumb''

F'k ME that must've smarted. :|
carlos fandango

a.j wrote:'' tore a ligament off my thumb''

F'k ME that must've smarted. :|
didnt hurt much TBH :) i took my glove off, and my thumb was 90deg to normal :shock: pushed it back , and just thought id dislocated it :( but the hospital told me different , and surgery was required ...its called "skiers thumb"
as its a common skiing injury.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information