SCOMADI at Intermot show

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Swat
Main scooter: AF Rayspeed S type GP225

Speed Demon - I agree with sentiment about the licence upgrade from A1 to A2 when my lad is 19 - His 125 does 78mph (GPS speedo) - with me usually clinging onto the slipstream with fingers hovering over the clutch !! The KTM 390 (A2 licence friendly) aint much quicker - I can see sense in further test before he goes 'unlimited' but the A1 to A2 step isn't big or meaningful enough
a.j

JoeP wrote:After 8 years my scooter is finally working, it doesn't need tax or MOT, I intend to insure it, mainly for theft from my garage purposes but the idea that I have to shell out hundreds to get a licence, having driven cars no claims for 20 years, to ride a 55 year old, 6hp, 50 mph scooter is fcuking absurd and why I intend to ride with no licence until caught.
Which is fine til you have a prang & you aren't covered. Image
JoeP
Main scooter: Peugeot S57c 1958

a.j wrote:
JoeP wrote:After 8 years my scooter is finally working, it doesn't need tax or MOT, I intend to insure it, mainly for theft from my garage purposes but the idea that I have to shell out hundreds to get a licence, having driven cars no claims for 20 years, to ride a 55 year old, 6hp, 50 mph scooter is fcuking absurd and why I intend to ride with no licence until caught.
And is a risk I'm prepared to take. Although hearing it's only about £200, I thought it was nearer £400 I probably will do it but doesn't take away from the whole system being a massive con.
Enough of this modern italian crap ;-)
ArmandTanzarian

JoeP wrote:
a.j wrote:
And is a risk I'm prepared to take. Although hearing it's only about £200, I thought it was nearer £400 I probably will do it but doesn't take away from the whole system being a massive con.

Con or not, if you cause thousands of pounds worth of damage or seriously injure someone, the insurance company that has to pay out the uninsured loss will almost certainly sue you. £400 would seem like small change by the time they've finished with you.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
shocky

[/quote]

Con or not, if you cause thousands of pounds worth of damage or seriously injure someone, the insurance company that has to pay out the uninsured loss will almost certainly sue you. £400 would seem like small change by the time they've finished with you.[/quote]
And I know somone who had this done to them when a woman HIT HIM after he had 2 pints in an afternoon at a wedding he was 38 micrograms the limit is 35 another half an hour and he would have been under the limit
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

they will sue, and they will get a Charging Order on your assetts. You will eventually pay big time one way or another. You will not be able to get ANY insurance in the meantime.

No brainer really if you have the ability to think it through...........
Scootering since 1968.
a.j

Back on track, the Scomadi 125 looks favourable with the prices beginning at £2497, compared to the Vespa GTS 125 at over three & a half grand.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

I thought I saw online an appeal for crowd funding from scomadi ? Not my tea cup although I kinda see the appeal of them just no where near me funding them :|
a.j

psychedelicropcircle wrote:I thought I saw online an appeal for crowd funding from scomadi ? Not my tea cup although I kinda see the appeal of them just no where near me funding them :|

Eh? :?
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Can't seem to link so here's a photo :twisted:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information