My DL200 Electronic project

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
oktc123
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Glad you like it Preston & Trev, RLC have done it proud. Great thread with the GPE Villmark, keep up the good work, should be top drawer.

Cheers Tim.
joespeed

Villmark wrote:Got a few pictures of original bodywork details before giving the parts away to Jockeys Boxenstop for steelwork and paint.

I tried the newly released special screws from Scootopia for the rear light on late DL`s and couldn`t fit them in the 8mm hole. Anyone got a clue how to fit them ?

hello villmark,
can you help me with a better picture of the electronic red box bracket and possibly some sizes, i recently bought a frame tube with every bracket ground off,this is the only part i cant copy as i dont have another electronic frame,
forty odd years ago i had possibly 20 plus electronics but converted them back to points as spares were not available! where are they now?
regards
joe
Villmark
Main scooter: DL200

@joe: Sorry can`t provide further details of the bracket as the scooter is still at JBS for paintwork. When surfing the net I remember a online dealer that offered remade electronic coil brackets but can`t remember which one.

@Tim: Love your GP200, great work by RLC. Hope mine will have the same standard.

I really want to get my project forward but nothing moves till months. So frustrating that I bought me a LUI 75S in ochre as side project to have something to do.
Adam_Winstone

Scootopia sell the remade bracket. Whilst it is up to others whether they choose to clone a points GP200 to Electronic is up to them, however, I find it quite handy to have such a bracket welded to any frame, allowing for anything from an LI150 Electronic to TV200 Electronic. Anyway, that's a different subject... but the answer to the 'Which dealer?' question is Scootopia.

Adam

Edit: PS - Nice bike :)
shocky

oktc123 wrote:Glad you like it Preston & Trev, RLC have done it proud. Great thread with the GPE Villmark, keep up the good work, should be top drawer.

Cheers Tim.
I saw modern art on sunday ?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
oktc123

shocky wrote:
oktc123 wrote:Glad you like it Preston & Trev, RLC have done it proud. Great thread with the GPE Villmark, keep up the good work, should be top drawer.

Cheers Tim.
I saw modern art on sunday ?
Modern Art now sold, other projects in the pipeline :D
Villmark
Main scooter: DL200

Update: Finally got the parts from the painter, rebuild started !

Original stator plate

Original ignition wiring plate, different to earlier models (hole bigger)

Strange detail: Frame from 01/1971 after the rear light modification. Has the angled cutout of late frames. But the 4 holes look like to have the same size. The nuts with rubbers don`t fit. Maybe they used all the remaining parts in the factory mixing pre and post rear light modification parts when they welded the frames ?
shocky

I didnt know about the later wiring grommet hole I thought that was a later indian modification
im sure they used what ever they had to hand at the time , there are all sorts of idiosyncrasies in the late sx/s4/gp range the same as there are with all vehicals within early, mid and late production runs
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
TurboTrev

Late Italian GPs and DLs should have the larger back light holes so the rubbers can be fitted, but I also had a very late production 150 dl that had the smaller holes the same as yours. Anyway, great build thread, keep the photos coming. 8-)
Adam_Winstone

As you've noted, interesting that this is obviously post design change, as supported by the change of support bracket to have the cut outs for the later fixings, but have reverted to the smaller holes in the loop.

Having had lots of cracked GP light units over the years, the later spec introduction of the rubber mount fixings + rear light rubber gasket was certainly introduced for good reason (although I think that bulb blowing gets listed as a cause for the mod' in Concessionaire's documentation). In light of this, it does seem odd to revert to small hole + standard early type stud and nut fixings for this later example. As already suggested, this might be a reflection of a company shutting down production and using whatever they had lying around (?). To date, I've never seen a SIL GP with the bigger holes, yet they also use the late support plate (with cutouts) that was designed to be used with the larger rubber mount fixings. Could it be that SIL simply went on copying these late Italian anomalies?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information