My race scooter

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Before:

During:

After:

And then the re-design:

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
PeeJay

very neat and trick looking, good luck for the new season :D 8-)
i'm a scooter nut, apart from that i'm normal, i think
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Looks much better Dan.. Would of liked a bright colour mate.. you gotta get noticed you see! As a snapper you tend to snap the bright coloured ones without thinking about it.
Good luck mate. You doing the practise day?
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

looking good
the revamp worked well
good luck this coming season.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

he may do the practice day tony,..........just depends on how much of a head start you would give him..................... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
ringwoodrob

:) hi,i remember from the lcgb board you were on about 4*Leaded petrol,did you try any was it any better?,,,bob
drunkmunkey6969

ringwoodrob wrote::) hi,i remember from the lcgb board you were on about 4*Leaded petrol,did you try any was it any better?,,,bob
No....never got any in the end, it all becamse to much hassle. :roll:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

sean brady scooters wrote:he may do the practice day tony,..........just depends on how much of a head start you would give him..................... :lol:
Nah he did ok mate. Seriously its a big change getting out there from road riding. More so today than when I started because its got faster with tyres,suspension and of course increased power. Mallory is quick and will suit the lambretta well.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
drunkmunkey6969

We did some mods over winter, cosmetics you can see above (Vega leggies, TZ tail piece etc) and did some mechanical stuff also:

Low MSV center plug head, boyesen dual stage reeds - no stop plate, altered squish gap, different plug, re-routed exhaust, re-jetted (new rod) the Lectron to richen up mid-range, ported and flowed manifold and rubber to match the 38mm carb etc etc.

Well we fired it up today for the first time since we did all that in Nov/Dec.....f@@k me!! Pulled my arms off! :lol: :lol:

I took it for a short spin, and i thought that as we had dropped the front end and all my weight was over it, then we'd keep the front end on the floor a bit better....but it worse! Since Cadwell, we found 3bhp more at Diablos with a carb change, and i reckon 1 or 2 more from the head/reeds/squish/rod/flow changes.....its brutal, i cannot keep the front end down in 1st.....when the power band comes in, it just rides up no matter what you do.

Stuck a digital rev counter on and gave the throttle a few blips...... 11,800 rpm!!!! and there was more left! :shock:

Might be doing some 2nd gear starts this season!! :lol: :lol:
arthur

looks great that mate 8-) , always fancied a cut down with vega leggies ,l should've saved them leggies off the complete vega l through in skip all them years ago :D :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information