NOS TS1

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
shocky

guygrrr wrote:I realize that the answer isn't to shorten the spring a touch, but for the sake of getting on with it, I'd be sorely tempted.
Do you mean the fork internal springs ?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
guygrrr
Main scooter: 1980 Vespa P187

Ha! Yeah, brilliant I know.
----------------------
more can do, less doodoo.
shocky

But they need to under tension either from the spring itself under compression or from the lower buffer pushing against the spring cutting them down would mean packing the lower buffer up by the same amount
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

add extr metal to the brackets fill holes drill new lower down
C’est la vie
gpts1

Hi Everyone, in a search for answers, i Sent Mark Broardhurst a FB message asking if he had had any problems with his links in these forks, He said not really but did pointed out that the BGM damper are 10mm shorter than stock, so than combined with the Scomodi forks having slightly higher brackets has caused quite a big stuff up. borrowed some stock dampers from a friend, and they fit!!

Will let you know what Scooter center says in the coming days.
gpts1

Just a quick update regarding my forks, in the end and with no cooperation from PM tuning, Scooter center have refunded my money and Apologized for there venders lack of customer service.PM tuning would not even supply replacement stainless damper brackets so the problem could be fixed, in short PM Tuning are a bunch of C$%ts. big thanks to scooter center for great customer service, PM could learn a thing or two from them.
Stokie

So does that mean you've ended up with a free set of forks? :)
gpts1

Yes Stokie it does mostly other then the freight and local taxes on them, but very disappointed with PM's attitude, makes me wounder if they are an Asian made fork and they have no control over the quality, especially when they could not even supply replacement damper brackets, apparently they have no spares!! but on the upside Scooter center have added a new description to the fork info

Lambretta forks that are a cooperation between PM Tuning and Scomadi.

At the time of writing this is the only fork available for the Li Series. Luckily there are SIL produced forks available for the dl/GP range.

The Scomadi forks vary in quality and machining. This makes dry build and fettling by the customer necessary.

Despite that the brackets for the front auxiliary dampers are NOT welded in the right place. These are too high by approx. 2 cm’s. What can make fitting of dampers a nightmare or in the worst case impossible.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

does the scomadi use stock type dampers?
C’est la vie
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

PM were c"nts with me when my pm disk wore out after 300 miles... No help whatsoever.

I ended up having to buy new disk and different compound pads at full price plus international postage toll ect.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information