NOS TS1

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

gpts1 wrote:So my bolts turned up for the top of the shocks, so like anyone i was excited to get them fitted.

But i cant, after measuring my other forks the shock mount on my new scomodi stainless forks are about 20mm higher.
So i was a bit pissed off and will now have to work out a way to get them to fit.
The only way is to grind them off and re-polish,then weld some new ones 20mm lower.
Muttley McLadd

Are the forks made to run with a Scomadi damper option?
CakeAndArseParty
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

MB links do make the front end sit a bit higher, so a set of original links may close that gap. But I doubt there is 2cms difference
gpts1

So just a quick update with regards to my forks, these were originally purchased from scooter center Koln, i have been in contact with them and they are very helpful. i was hoping i would have been able to obtain another pair of stainless brackets that i could then have welded on but PM tuning are insisting they are sent back to them to be fixed,So they will be re stripped and boxed up and sent from New Zealand back to the UK to be repaired, so looks like not much is going to get done before Xmas at this rate.
Muttley McLadd

You've got to wonder if it's worth their time doing the fucking around, and whether it'd be cheaper for them to just send a new set out.
How much were they? Postage is going to be $180+ to get them back.. and the VAT they'll be charged when they land, etc.
It can't be worth it, can it??
CakeAndArseParty
gpts1

forks were originally 251euro plus shipping plus local GST when landed.so they were not cheap by the time i got them here, and you expect a premium product for a premium price!
ArmandTanzarian

Muttley McLadd wrote:You've got to wonder if it's worth their time doing the fucking around, and whether it'd be cheaper for them to just send a new set out.
How much were they? Postage is going to be $180+ to get them back.. and the VAT they'll be charged when they land, etc.
It can't be worth it, can it??
You do wonder about these people sometimes. My mate's SIP shock failed so he sent it back to them. They told him that he should have taken them back to the local dealer he bought them from so that the dealer could send it back to Germany. SIP would then send the replacement to to dealer so that they could send it to him. The fact that the shock was sat on a desk in front of the bloke at SIP and posting it across Europe a total of four times seemed a bit silly didn't occur to them.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
shocky

storkfoot wrote:MB links do make the front end sit a bit higher, so a set of original links may close that gap. But I doubt there is 2cms difference
are they made with the same curve as the s2 standard links if so its about 8mm
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

gpts1 wrote:So just a quick update with regards to my forks, these were originally purchased from scooter center Koln, i have been in contact with them and they are very helpful. i was hoping i would have been able to obtain another pair of stainless brackets that i could then have welded on but PM tuning are insisting they are sent back to them to be fixed,So they will be re stripped and boxed up and sent from New Zealand back to the UK to be repaired, so looks like not much is going to get done before Xmas at this rate.
Ive seen stainless top brackets on ebay ( just looked cant see any now)
On a side note some are advertised as stainless becouse they arnt painted and look shinny but are infact bright zinc plated ive welded some beliving they were stainless
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
guygrrr
Main scooter: 1980 Vespa P187

I realize that the answer isn't to shorten the spring a touch, but for the sake of getting on with it, I'd be sorely tempted.
----------------------
more can do, less doodoo.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information