Dead RB kit

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
red
Main scooter: Scomadi TL 250 (Ltd Ed No.3)

Here's a couple of pics of my dead RB 22 :(
Seized on the way home fom Kelso about 15 miles from home,up to then I'd had a good run there and back.
It was due a 3000 mile service on Friday and I'd got it booked in with Dan for a dyno.
I've decided not to get another one yet as I've a TS1 250 kit on the shelf so may use that,means buying another exhaust though.
I'd just fitted a new NK pipe as I was waiting for the Fat Mamba to come back after repair,on the way home my missus stopped me near Wetherby as my exhaust seemed to be moving about a lot,took side panel off and found this

Both new bolts had snapped so exhaust had dropped couldn't get any bolts in so cabled tied it up,thinking now that more air has got in through slip joint and caused seizure :(

RB Head

RB Barrel

RB Piston

Also a couple of pictures of my back tyre that's only done about 2000 miles

I do not try to explain why I ride Lambrettas,
For those who understand, no explanation is necessary,
For those who don't, no explantion is possible.
red

Tyre was a Heidenau K61 Racer tubeless.Speed rated to 81mph.

Very sticky,but obviously a soft compound.
I've got about 4 or 5 Schwalbe tyres to use so I'll try them
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Crikey....bad news. Was the head blowing?

Shame we couldnt get you dyno'd in time, may have saved this catastrophe.

Hope the TS1 gets going soon.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Diablo
Dealer

Bit of wet and dry and elbow grease will soon sort that :lol:
dsc scotty

What you doing with cylinder?
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

dsc scotty wrote:What you doing with cylinder?
My thought too :D

Do you want to sell it PM me

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
davidblythe

are other RB seizes centred on the offside (to the fan) exhaust bridge :?:
joespeed

was you not getting any warning signs? i keep hearing of seizures locking the wheel,i have had hundreds of lambretta's nip but never ever locked the rear wheel or chewed/melted a piston like that!
regards
joe
ts200

[quote="red"]Here's a couple of pics of my dead RB 22 :(
Seized on the way home fom Kelso about 15 miles from home,up to then I'd had a good run there and back.
It was due a 3000 mile service on Friday and I'd got it booked in with Dan for a dyno.
I've decided not to get another one yet as I've a TS1 250 kit on the shelf so may use that,means buying another exhaust though.
I'd just fitted a new NK pipe as I was waiting for the Fat Mamba to come back after repair,on the way home my missus stopped me near Wetherby as my exhaust seemed to be moving about a lot,took side panel off and found this

Both new bolts had snapped so exhaust had dropped couldn't get any bolts in so cabled tied it up,thinking now that more air has got in through slip joint and caused seizure :(

NK pipes are a waste of time mate, i've had a couple and both have just worked their way loose every time i used my ts1, a couple of my mates have tried them as well with the same results, last time i was at AF's I tried to talk to them about them being mounted so badly and they reckoned I was the 1st person that had any problems with them coming loose all the time, which i suspect is b@11@x.
red

joespeed wrote:was you not getting any warning signs? i keep hearing of seizures locking the wheel,i have had hundreds of lambretta's nip but never ever locked the rear wheel or chewed/melted a piston like that!
regards
joe
No warning signs at all,
I'd just done Kelso to nr Scunthorpe in about 4 hours and it was running well,sat most of the day at about 70-75 according to the missus who was sat behind me in the car.
Being on a Lammy I always cover the clutch,noticed a change in engine tone and grabbed a fist full of clutch and coasted onto hard shoulder.
Kickstart solid!! :(
No rear wheel lock up,the picture of the tyre is showing how quick it wore out from new after about 2000 miles.

I haven't had a lot of luck with RB's this one was my 3rd kit which had done about 3000 miles,the first 2 had done 700 and 200.

Time to go for the TS1.
Personally I think it's time to stay away from the RB until it's a bit more proven.
It's cost me far too much over the last couple of years.

Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information