Mrs Kevspeeds GP125,a brief history...........so far!

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
kevspeed

First registered 01/08/1971,used and abused (as per normal),then stored away till 13/09/2008!
All as Mr Innocenti intended apart from a fibreglass front mudguard,a pattern rear light unit,and a p*ss poor paint job!!
On to 18/08/2009,and the re-birth is complete.Engine wise,just new seals,piston rings,clutch plates and springs,and the 12 volt electronic kit.
19/09/2009,some thieving wan*er(s),steal the scoot from right outside our front door!,on my birthday and all!!
18/02/2010,after a phone call from one of the local lads,its recovered from the river,about a mile away from home,thanks to Paul,Aggy,Steve B,and mad Dai for the assistance in hauling it out an up the grass/mud banks,and getting it home.Mrs Kevspeed was not a happy bunny!!
June 2010,after another re-build,and a few modifications its back on the road.
The scooter is used for the daily commute,and is ridden to rallys all over!
February 2014,looking a bit tatty,its again stripped for a re-paint by a local ex scooterist sprayer!,the engine is re-built,and parts are sourced for a 'themed' machine!
April 5th,just a pair of ball end levers,a rear rack,and the 'Lambretta' legshield badge to go,but back on the road!!!
Trojan
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA INNOCENTI

Mate I take my hat off to you, Not only have you restored it to what it is now, but , the fact that you never seemed to give up even when the W**kers stole it off your drive, it s a shame that these things are still happening, but good to know No ones bowing down to these T*ats......well done......... 8-)
scooterslag

Nice scoot, always good to see a genuine 125DL and hats off to you for keeping it on the road despite the odd set-back by wankers 8-)
The mack daddy on the left!
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I remember you posting pictures when it was nicked Kev. I wondered what had happened to it. I like the new look a lot.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I liked the Blue and custard version, nobody would have nicked that. :mrgreen:
kevspeed

corrado wrote:I liked the Blue and custard version, nobody would have nicked that. :mrgreen:
Possibly its next transformation will be a 'de-storation',back to the blue and custard machine!!,i quite liked it like that :D
eden
Dealer

what condition was the engine case in after it was torched? I had a TV200 torched in 1989 and the engine case melted making everything in there unusable, I had to scrap the scooter, I still have the log book :(
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

I agree with others, I like blue and yellow scooters, don't know why,just do. The restorations were lovely, hope the thieving scum get their karma in life, it does happen,rare,but it does. Really love the fact that it's used for everything, commuting and rallies. My hat goes off to you, Hope you have better luck and get some gun turrets to sort the thieving bar stewards.cheers,Speedy.
kevspeed

eden wrote:what condition was the engine case in after it was torched? I had a TV200 torched in 1989 and the engine case melted making everything in there unusable, I had to scrap the scooter, I still have the log book :(
After a real good clean,the casing was usable again,just 'stained' really!!,must have been lucky,as I had put my original Ducati electronic flywheel on it,which was still usable after a clean up.
kevspeed

Well,here we go again....................another episode in the Mrs Kevspeed saga!
Thursday,17.10 hrs,on her way home from work,some old fart in his Renault Megane decides to turn right into a sideroad without bothering to see if anyone is coming towards him!!!!,the result.................................
Fortunately Mrs Kevspeed wasnt seriously hurt,just a bit battered and bruised!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information