*Finished*.... Project Motovespa 150s (My Virgin Resto)

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

How did you get on with your dyno day with scooterotica. Did you have a curly exhaust on one of your projects.
Gary
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

The scooters still down there actually mate, so didn't quite go to plan..... Something wasn't quite right with the fuel flow rate & despite Dan & Sean's best efforts - they couldn't get it all dialled in the just way they wanted it, and in the end we just ran out of time on the day.
On the plus side, the engines making around 20bhp , which is what we aimed for & its very torquey also - but there's just something causing this big dip in the mid range - I don't really understand the science behind dyno's, jetting, ect - but the graph line Dan showed me looked like a McDonald's sign but was supposed to look like a steady arc.... :lol:
So I ended up leaving it at the garage for further investigation - but the lads are flat out at the minute, so I'll have to wait me turn...
The curly pipe's on another motor, which is still on me work bench in the garage at the minute - and still waiting for the frame to come back from the painter, who's excuses are becoming a bit of a joke now!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information