It's cheaper this way ...

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
coaster

cgt75b wrote:Really like the scoot, hope you are not a tall fellow ! No where to put your Knees with that butty box :lol:
There's no problem there, like myself Paul is of NORMAL height 8-)
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

:-) yes, possibly the one time in my life when a 29" inside leg has proved useful :-(
storkfoot

Well, it sailed through the MOT and I now have registration number from DVLA :D

I'm now trying to sort out one or two little niggles before Davos. First is the clutch. It is a 4 plate Surflex with uprated springs but it is quite hard to change gear. Having taken it apart, I think the problems relate to the flange and the springs.

The clutch flange (SIL) has been catching on the clutch nut when the clutch is compressed. So, I have replaced the flange with the Scootopia one below, filed the nut down, oh and I also replaced a 1.2 steel with a 1.0 to give a bit more clearance. I then put it all back together.

http://www.scootopia.co.uk/product/7281 ... e-22020120

It is much better but still hard to compress.

The springs are ones I've had for years, but never used. They are plated ones, and so, they are definitely not MB ones which is what I normally use. I have just ordered the MB springs which I'll put in this week.

I have also come to the conclusion that I'll revert back to a 4.9 final drive from 4.6 [GT186, MB/BGM Clubman, PHBH30] although, I suspect the ideal one lies somewhere in between.
coaster

storkfoot wrote:....I have also come to the conclusion that I'll revert back to a 4.9 final drive from 4.6 [GT186, MB/BGM Clubman, PHBH30] although, I suspect the ideal one lies somewhere in between.
Good call with all those mountain passes to deal with ;)
soullad
Dealer

yep, agreed, good call Paul, just gone from 4.4 to 4.6 in anticipation ;)
storkfoot

My thoughts entirely, lads :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information